Product Designer UX & UI
own and deliver Acala's projects from end-to-end
2 months ago
Our ideal candidate will have worked in a fintech startup before, and will know what it’s like to work alongside fast-paced company founders. Your experience will be valued and your ideas will be heard - but you’ll need to turn them into actions if you want them taken seriously.
Your role will be split between UX and UI projects, designing intuitive user experiences and then building beautifully practical interfaces for them. You’ll be expected to own and deliver these projects from end-to-end, although you will have lots of help from the rest of the team and our Senior Designer.
- Design beautiful-but-practical interfaces across multiple platforms
- Turn ideas into prototypes with tools like Figma, and eventually into production dApps
- Convert sketches into detailed UI designs with Sketch or other tools of your choice
- Constantly gather feedback from users and teammates to enhance the UI/UX
- Craft consistent and memorable design trends for use by our whole team
MUST HAVE: A Portfolio of your work submitted as part of your application
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in UX / UI positions for multi-platform applications
- UX research experience with large datasets, Fintech products preferred
- Demonstrable examples of enabling complex functions via simple UI designs
- User level knowledge of DeFi apps, and the typical UX issues
Bonus: Experience with Engineering teams that use: Typescript, React, Node.js, MongoDB
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
Acala is an ecosystem and education partner of both the W3F and Polkadot. Throughout 2021 we have proven ourselves to be the DeFi hub(s) of the Polkadot Ecosystem & Community by securing the first crowdloan-funded parachain slots on both the Polkadot & Kusama blockchain networks.
But we're just people like you, working from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run our world.
Oops. In progress...