CoinDesk TV On-Air Talent/Producer
become one the public faces of “CoinDesk TV”
4 months ago
Oops. In progress...
CoinDesk is looking for an On-Air Talent/Producer to join its growing digital video team. This person is ready to roll up their sleeves and be one of the public faces of “CoinDesk TV” with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. They will also be able to report and produce special series and explainer video content. The ideal candidate MUST have a deep understanding and expertise in cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and the fintech sector. The on-air host will have impeccable editorial judgment, an on-air presence, and fantastic interviewing skills. You will also play a critical role in ideating, developing, and producing the show(s) you are hosting. Most importantly, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your staff and other departments. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
- working with the senior production & editorial leadership team (Executive Producer, Producer, Chief Content Officer, Managing editors, etc.) to develop, launch and present original new live programs and unique series on brand for CoinDesk
- collaborating closely with Senior Producer on the development of daily rundowns, story selection, bookings, graphics generation, video editing, and script writing
- cultivating relationships, tapping into your Rolodex, and booking top guests who are newsmakers, influencers, analysts, experts
- conducting on-air interviews in-studio and the field; writing, hosting, and producing various programs
- writing up interviews from your show and filing the articles on CoinDesk.com
- responding quickly to breaking news and taking direction from senior line producer
- contributing and actively participating in coverage decisions for daily shows and longer-term special events & topics
- adhering to the company’s standards and practices and consistently exercising strong editorial judgment
- highly collaborative, creative, and ‘bring it’ everyday attitude
- solid news judgment & knowledge of cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and fintech required
- at least three years of on-air (on camera) experience at a broadcast or significant online news publication; *Reel or links to video clips required
- at least two years of production experience at a broadcast or digital news publication
- existing Rolodex of newsmakers, experts, analysts, and influencers in crypto, blockchain, and fintech is a considerable plus
- must work well under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- creative and quick writing ability
- experience in newsroom content management systems (i.e., WordPress, Arc) and rundown management tools (i.e., ENPS, iNews, Rundown Creator, etc.)
- social media savvy
- must take feedback well and willingly from senior leadership on best practices and improvements to on-air delivery etc.
- flexibility in scheduling as we experiment with launching new video shows and multimedia products
culture & perks
- CoinDesk is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case-by-case basis.
CoinDesk Inc. is a media, event, indices & data company and the most influential trusted platform for the emerging crypto economy. CoinDesk Indices are the industry standard for institutional single and multi-asset benchmarks for crypto assets. TCoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest privately-held investment companies in the crypto industry, whose mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system.