Research Engineer - Governance
define and build the 0x's path forward in the cutting-edge field
a month ago
Oops. In progress...
0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchanges. Since its inception, 0x was conceived as a public good governed by individuals, companies, and other entities with a shared interest in setting the rules of how tokenized value is exchanged on Web3. With broader awareness of the importance of open governance, and more best practices available, we want to take the following steps in our decentralized governance roadmap.
We are looking for a brilliant contract engineer with a knack for open governance systems running on blockchain rails. We plan to completely refresh 0x’s governance architecture, assets, and processes. These changes need to consider multiple factors: upgradability of 0x smart contracts, security shutdowns design and methods, community treasury(ies), and last but not least, the multi-chain nature of the 0x network. We want someone to help us define and build the path forward in this cutting-edge field.
- designing and helping us build 0x governance’s architecture, smart contracts, and processes
- researching the latest advancements in blockchain scaling and cross-chain communication, identifying opportunities to streamline voting and governance operations the opportunities
- owning our smart contract architecture and development, spec, implementing, testing, and auditing protocol upgrades and additions while partnering with projects across DeFi and providing web3 developers with access to our exchange infrastructure
- collaborating with other Blockchain engineers to ensure 0x remains the most resilient, flexible, and future-proofed protocol for decentralized exchange
- researching and driving high-level decisions about 0x protocol architecture, incentive structures, and features
- solving greenfield challenges around liquidity, market structures, governance, multi-chain interoperability, security, and mechanism design
- collaborating cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- analyzing transaction and usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement
- experience writing high-quality, well-tested Solidity
- knowledge of the EVM, protocol governance systems, DeFi protocols, and gas optimization
- strong communication, ownership, and collaboration skills
- the ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack and industry
- exhibit the core values that drive our mission at 0x: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on the long-term impact
- knowledge of market structures and exchange-related concepts is preferred
culture & perks
- competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for US-based employees
- monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- covered mental health benefits (including professional therapy sessions)
- flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- unlimited vacation: take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all values can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world-class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify, and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members across all continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; the fun fact - our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force worldwide. Many projects deploy our technology at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.