Product Designer / Senior Product Designer
help Toucan tell their story and accelerate their mission visually, work on new features of the Bridge, Meta-Registry and Design Systems
4 months ago
Oops. In progress...
We are looking for diverse designers with a variety of skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing Design team, tell our story and accelerate our mission.
The Design Team at Toucan creates the tools and visual communication that enables our users and partners to manage and offset carbon, build new tools on top of the Toucan Protocol and integrate our infrastructure into (decentralized) financial applications.
Our designers work across many types of product initiatives at Toucan – from branding new products, expanding our website and design systems, telling our story with stunning visuals, concepting bold ideas, crafting new features for our platform or work alongside with industry-partners on climate action initiatives.
As a core member of the Toucan Product Design team you will work on new features of the Bridge, Meta-Registry and Design Systems as well as:
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to research, concept, prototype and iterate on Toucan’s products
- Plan and implement with product managers and engineers the long-term strategy and short-term tactics for our products
- Design, expand and maintain in close collaboration with engineers our product design systems that drive our tools and products
- You have 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven organization
- You know Figma from the inside out and use it together with a variety of plugins daily in your design work
- You have demonstratable experience building up, extending and maintaining complex design systems and component libraries
- You have strong experience in designing and shipping web applications (incl. concept, strategy and UI/UX design)
- You are autonomous in your work and an excellent communicator across teams
- You are a detail-orientated, hard-working, pro-active, inclusive, and optimistic team player
- You are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- You are able to reduce complex problems to the right balance of flexibility, functionality and ease of use
- You love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- You are located between GMT-8 and GMT+2 (San Francisco to Kiev)
Nice to have:
- You are an expert in UI and UX design, but skilled in more design disciplines such as graphic design, illustration, motion or 3D design
- You are an outspoken advocate for good design and design culture and love to share your process and insights into your design work with your peers and the public
- You are an evangelist for accessibility and inclusivity in design and ensure that your products and work leaves no one behind
culture & perks
- A career with purpose - we're building the infrastructure to unlock climate action at scale
- True flexibility and autonomy - you plan how, where and when you work best and can work remotely or make use of our office space in Berlin
- Career development - we're at the start of our journey so you'll have the freedom to expand your role as we grow
Zürich, Switzerland, Berlin, Germany, Remote
At Toucan, we are building the infrastructure to reverse climate change.
Toucan exists to help us rapidly coordinate a response to our species’ most significant challenge.