be the “point of contact” on the ground for Algorand Foundation
2 months ago
Oops. In progress...
The Community Manager plays an active part in shaping the communication between Algorand and the crypto world in various local markets. This person would be the “point of contact” on the ground for Algorand Foundation, nurturing the local community through in- person events and networking, building and moderating local social channels, all while making sure Algorand is accurately represented in the local languages and platforms. This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies, in particular blockchain and cryptocurrencies; has a passion for building inclusive communities of developers and tech enthusiasts while nurturing their growth.
- Act as primary point of contact for community engagement and localized marketing strategy and execution in the US East Coast.
- Establish and grow a strong local community (focused on developers and engineers) via event planning, individual networking efforts, partnerships, and other user engagement and acquisition programs.
- Engage with members through community tools, social media, and other channels daily; be reactive towards social trends and adjust accordingly; stimulate conversations and moderate regional community channels.
- Create and manage local campaigns that serve as an extension of our brand voice, values, and methodology; generate ideas and approaches that could be shared globally across the platform.
- Develop and nurture local influencer partnerships.
- Create and source content to be shared across multiple platforms.
- Analyze local and international trends and competitors; share data and insights with the broader team
- Execute smart marketing events for smaller groups as well as larger trade shows that drive awareness and user acquisition of both the enterprise as well as individual users
- Scope new projects, identify brand opportunities, and shape creative and production briefs for local implementation
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
- Ideally 4 - 6 years of work experience in campaign delivery, marketing or community growth roles.
- Proven experience in growth marketing or marketing campaign management.
- Experience working with or for start-ups, digital/tech-first business, blockchain and/or crypto companies.
- Experience working across multiple markets, particularly developing or emerging markets.
- Experience working with developer communities and/or millennial consumer bases.
- Ability to analyze multiple data sources, consider diverse perspectives, and drive consensus.
- Track record of managing & scaling programs in fast-paced, rapidly changing environments.
- Ability to take initiative, provide innovative thinking, and function effectively in fast-paced, evolving environments.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and analytical skills
- Excellent English and Spanish communication skills.
GOOD TO HAVE
- Specific technical knowledge in software development.
culture & perks
You will work with a team of talented and fun-loving rockstars across the world while we are building an equitable and borderless economy together, in addition, you will get:
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent retention program
- Diverse, open, inclusive and collaborative culture
- Supportive and flexible work arrangement
- Monthly wellness budget
- Computer and tech accessories
- To own your growth plan
Our mission is to empower a dynamic, inclusive, and borderless global ecosystem - at scale - based on the Algorand blockchain technology.
The Algorand blockchain -- designed by MIT professor and Turing Award winning cryptographer Silvio Micali – is uniquely capable of delivering on the promise of a borderless global economy. It achieves transaction throughputs at the speed of traditional finance, but with immediate finality, near zero transaction costs, and on a 24/7 basis. Its carbon neutral platform and unique pure proof-of-stake consensus mechanism solves for the “blockchain trilemma” by achieving both security and scalability on a decentralized protocol, and without a second of downtime since it went live in 2019.