you'll be involved in every step of the product development process, ensuring design quality and consistency through launch
a month ago
Oops. In progress...
0x will serve as the rails upon which the exchange of digital assets takes place. As a Product Designer at 0x, you'll be involved in every step of the product development process, from brainstorming and contributing new ideas to ensuring design quality and consistency through launch. You'll work alongside product management and engineering using your broad range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills.
This role entails working on a variety of products, and in collaboration with internal and external teams — from projects that drive growth and improve developer experience, increase ZRX community involvement via decentralized governance interfaces, to shaping how 0x is understood by lay and technical audiences. The scope is wide: You may spend part of your days designing for 0x.org and ZRX Portal, graphics to visualize and explain 0x concepts and data, materials for 0x events, as well as helping strategize around governance and community involvement.
- Translate complex workflows into simple, compelling solutions, tailored to audiences with differing levels of technical sophistication
- Assist with designing landing pages and collateral for supporting product launches
- Work within and extend 0x's design system, driving internal and external brand consistency
- Design and prototype simple, elegant flows and experiences
- Collaborate and contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Core team, as well as external stakeholders
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to articulate design rationale
- Contribute to broader design best practices and thinking across the blockchain space
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional partners) by bringing new ideas to the table
- Exceptional portfolio, including work across multiple platforms (web and mobile)
- Empathy for the developer experience and end-user experience, with the ability to create tailored workflows and visual messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and define design constraints
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience buying and selling cryptocurrency
- Experience designing for crypto / Ethereum projects
- Experience with illustration
- Experience with interaction / animation
- Familiarity with Figma
- Enthusiasm for publicly representing 0x through blog posts, conferences, presentations, etc
culture & perks
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We are a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.