maintain the Chainlink infrastructure, ensure reliable work of internal and customer-facing services
4 months ago
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help us maintain the Chainlink infrastructure, ensure reliable work of internal and customer-facing services, and empower the entire engineering organization to do their best work.
This job would be perfect for someone who has a strong operations background and would eventually like to grow into an SRE role. The infrastructure team is expanding, and you would have plenty of opportunities to build up your skillset in different areas.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work. We follow the infrastructure-as-code approach and practice GitOps. Our on-call rotation uses the follow-the-sun pattern: you will be on call some of the time, but your shifts will be during your day.
- Maintain full nodes for various blockchains Chainlink supports and find ways to deploy and manage them more efficiently
- Deploy new Chainlink nodes and ensure their reliability
- Understand blockchain-specific monitoring in great depth and help the team cut down on noise by fine-tuning alerts
- Pair with engineers from across the company to help with troubleshooting, deploy new services, and figure out how to increase developer velocity and eliminate pain points
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience. You probably have an operations background, have worked in a DevOps team before, and are familiar with most tools from our stack
- Experience with CI/CD. You know how to deploy your services reliably and have used tools like GitHub Actions, CirceCI, TravisCI, or Jenkins to achieve that
- Experience with scripting and configuration management. You can write scripts to automate routine tasks and have familiarity with tools like Ansible and Packer
- Experience with monitoring and logging. You know how to export metrics to Prometheus, have built a Grafana dashboard or two, and have experience with a centralized logging solution like the Elastic Stack, Spunk or LogDNA
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration. You have maintained or even built Kubernetes clusters before and feel comfortable deploying complete new services on them
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies. Experience running blockchain full nodes would give you a considerable advantage in this role. Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a similarity big plus.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and self-hosted runners in particular.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. While this role is mainly focused on maintenance, we would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services under your purview
- We are giving sight preference to candidates who live in the UTC to UTC+8 range due to our on-ca schedule for this particular opening
- Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD
- Prometheus and Grafana
- GitHub Actions
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Oops. In progress...