Head of Infrastructure
manage a high-performing team of Chainlink engineers
3 months ago
Oops. In progress...
We are looking for an engineering leader with a strong background in infrastructure engineering to manage a high-performing team of engineers.
As Head of Infrastructure, you will be responsible for overseeing key infrastructure initiatives, grow and mature the team, and empower Engineering with world infrastructure resources. We need someone who is comfortable in a highly technical fast-moving environment.
This is a career-defining opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
- Build world-class infra team: Attract, retain, and grow the infra team by hiring the best people in the most relevant roles, past experience managing a team of > 30
- Reliability track record: Have successfully delivered and supported multi-product mission-critical online services and maintained highly available mature deployments for > 3 years (not just new product delivery). Has past operational experience with handling critical incidents involving complex distributed systems
- Own release process across the entire pipeline: Be able to enforce processes in development, deployment, release and automation of the SDLC in all aspects (code + operations)
- Experience building, leading, and managing a team of 30+
- Technical experience: Engineering competency to design and evaluate distributed systems architecture from front-ends to load balancers, databases, caching, logging and monitoring services while embracing infrastructure as code
- Startup experience: Have startup experience of their own or & worked with founders in high-growth >Series B companies. Strong operational skills for achieving success in a hyper-growth environment. Able to assess risk, balance speed and quality in a pragmatic fashion
- Blockchain commitment: Commitment to work in the blockchain industry for 5+ years. E.g. Owns cryptocurrency, uses DeFi, has a thesis for why blockchains matter, etc
- Developer productivity experience
- Data pipeline experience (Big Query, DataFlow, Cloud Composer, Pentaho, DataProc, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka or similar services)
- Worked in infra / PaaS companies
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.