Site Reliability Engineer
support monitoring services that watch over the entire Chainlink network
4 months ago
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us solve some of the unique challenges of blockchain oracle architecture and be primarily responsible for the Chainlink ecosystem's off-chain part.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work. In the Infrastructure team, we follow the infrastructure-as-code approach and practice GitOps. Our on-call rotation uses the follow-the-sun pattern: you will be on call some of the time, but there should not be any overnight shifts.
- Support monitoring services that watch over the entire Chainlink network
- Deploy and maintain various externally-facing services like reference Chainlink nodes used by developers and customers (including critical services such as Chainlink VRF)
- Improve the reliability and observability of our internal infrastructure
- Provide our engineers with a reliable release pipeline and empower them to release and deploy Chainlink and adjacent tools extremely quickly
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience. You have a software engineering background or an operations background and have worked as an SRE (or in a very close position) before
- Experience with system architecture. You can create a design document for a cross-region load-balancing app with five microservices, a PostgreSQL cluster, a caching layer, and a Kafka queue—and then implement it on AWS
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines. You can troubleshoot an existing pipeline or build your own, and you've probably worked on both software delivery and cloud-based services deployment
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration. You have built or maintained complex Kubernetes clusters before
- Ability to read and write code. You can understand precisely why a recent code change led to degraded performance; you can write scripts and tools to automate routine tasks and eliminate toil
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- Professional experience with Golang, TypeScript, or both
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies
- Experience running blockchain full node operator is a big plus
- Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a big plus
- Comfort working with network protocols, proxies, and load balancers
- Experience with information security and DevSecOps
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team
- We are giving slight preference to candidates who live in the UTC to UTC+8 range due to our on-call schedule for this particular opening
- AWS; Terraform/Terragrunt; Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD; Prometheus and Grafana; GitHub Actions; Packer
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks.
Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others.
The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Oops. In progress...