Smart Contract Engineer
develop highly impactful Chainlink smart contracts
3 months ago
Oops. In progress...
As a smart contract engineer on the Economics team, you will develop highly impactful smart contracts that further secure Chainlink oracle networks to provide best in class off-chain data to the blockchain ecosystem. You will work closely with all functions at Chainlink, from engineering, operations, finance, marketing, and more to ensure the team releases easy to use and easy to manage smart contract driven products. Your core team will be composed of smart contract and software engineers and you will report to the engineering lead on the team.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Owning large components of the smart contract architecture that secures Chainlink data feeds
- Work closely with fellow engineers to build the end to end experience for your products
- Work closely with operations to ensure smooth deployment and management of your dApps
- Partner with the research team to build products that are practical and easy to use
- Collaborate with non-technical stakeholders to ensure you build products that delivery positive user experience and meets business constraints
- Actively participate in leveling up yourself and your peers in Solidity and smart contract development
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Deployed multiple smart contracts to Ethereum mainnet or an EVM compatible chain that secured substantial user funds
- Deep understanding of Solidity and the EVM
- Active participant in the blockchain ecosystem as a user
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Computer science fundamentals and systems design
- Experience in Rust, TypeScript, AWS
- Experience developing smart contracts on non-EVM blockchains
- Experience building dApps end to end
- Rust, Solidity, Typescript, AWS
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks.
Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others.
The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.