Software Development Engineer in Test
oversee the development and implementation of our test automation framework
4 months ago
In this quality assurance role, you will oversee the design, development, and implementation of our test automation framework. You will have a large impact as we grow the Chainlink eco-system and ensure we continue to ship the highest quality product. As a key stakeholder, you will be able to influence how we will scale our product in a testable environment and guide decisions that will have an impact on the future and success of a cutting edge product.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Lead the implementation and adoption of a test automation framework, improved release process, and overall testing plans
- Oversee and develop test cases, plans, and testing procedures
- Create automated tests for new and existing functionality
- Develop test plans and perform multiple types of black-box, white-box, and grey-box testing including functional, system, end to end, load testing, performance testing, data integrity, smoke, regression, and ad hoc testing
- Submit comprehensive defects using our bug tracking system
- Regress and verify defects as needed, record test results, and provide metrics
- Test software applications at all points in the life cycle on multiple environments
- 2+ years proven work experience in Software Engineering, Test, Quality Assurance, or Deployment
- BS degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience with open-source test frameworks, including CypressJS or Selenium/WebDriver
- Strong experience with build automation technologies like Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, or Terraform a definite plus
- Experience with Agile-Scrum and other Agile methodologies
- Experience with load testing tools
- Excellent analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting and peer review
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with shaping testing culture and socializing best practices
- Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks.
Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others.
The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Oops. In progress...