Lead Developer Advocate, Snaps Platform (MetaMask)
define the DevRel strategy that will grow the fledgling Snaps developer community into a vibrant, world-class application ecosystem
4 months ago
Oops. In progress...
As the Lead Developer Advocate for MetaMask Snaps, you will define the DevRel strategy that will grow the fledgling Snaps developer community into a vibrant, world-class application ecosystem. We believe that Snaps are the key to building the wallet of the future, and we are looking for someone whose experience and ideas will help make this vision a reality. This is an opportunity to be part of a new burgeoning team at MetaMask and lead developer relations initiatives for Snaps, helping to make key decisions for future growth and scale our partner ecosystem.
- Lead and work autonomously guiding projects and managing DevRel efforts
- Mentor junior team members and communicate outside the department
- Motivate developers to build wallet applications using MetaMask Snaps
- Spread awareness of Snaps by building community and driving discussions
- Build awareness of new MetaMask Snaps features, APIs and SDKs
- Know and teach best practices that make a developer's life easier
- Work closely with engineering and product managers to identify campaigns and opportunities
- Establish relationships with key Projects/Dapps to build MetaMask Snaps
- Highlight gaps in developer experience for our product teams
- Identify developer communities with high potential
- Refine messaging to promote Snaps development
- Build a deep knowledge of the product so as to articulate how they enable developers
- Collaborate closely with the ConsenSys DevRel team as a coordinator
- Be hands-on. Create and maintain multimedia content and resources for developers such as videos, presentations for conferences, code demos, documentation, how-to guides, and tutorials
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for conferences and external events
- Participate in the blockchain ecosystem and community, building strong relationships with engineers, architects, product managers, and founders
- Stand up programs with ecosystem partners and scale awareness initiatives
- Define and own metrics to measure the success of our developer content and outreach efforts
- Synthesize and share feedback from the community to improve MetaMask
- Lead in-person and virtual workshops and hackathons for developers
- 2+ years of experience in developer relations, developer education, and technical writing
- Proficiency in any JSON RPC/Open RPC. Node/NPM, TypeScript
- Have a working knowledge of developer tools like SDKs and APIs
- Proficiency with git, GitHub and Markdown
- Solidity and Professional Blockchain Expertise
- Experience “cold-starting” developer ecosystems
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams (devrel, product, and marketing)
- High engagement with developers via social media, video and streaming (like YouTube Live) and audio (like Twitter Spaces and podcasts)
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.