Technical Program Risk Manager
manage the process and execution aspects of the Risk Management Program
3 months ago
Oops. In progress...
As a Technical Program Risk Manager you'll manage the process and execution aspects of our Enterprise Risk Management Program. The candidate will continuously identify, analyze, and monitor and control configuration environment variables used in Chainlink Labs environment. This role will require a full understanding and experience with Enterprise Technical Risk Management including Quantitative Risks Management analysis.
The Technical Program Risk Manager is a subject matter expert in identifying and prioritizing technical risks across Engineering Teams, evaluating risks and developing or enhancing controls built for scale. We are tasked with protecting the reliability, and availability of Chainlink’s infrastructure.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Evolve and deploy Technical Risk Management Program related to Chainlink’s Infrastructure and Blockchain Applications
- Develop Technical Risk Management Plan supporting artifacts
- Promote Technical Risk Management within the Engineering organization by bringing awareness and conducting training sessions as required
- Identify technical risks which may affect Chainlink’s Engineering organization and document their characteristics
- Analyze technical risks to further actions, including identifying the appropriate risk response strategy
- Evaluate risk probabilities using statistical analysis and Monte Carlo simulations
- Partner with relevant Engineering Stakeholders teams to develop risk response plans
- Monitoring and control risks by partnering with Engineering stakeholders to evolve risk response strategies where needed, and offer near-term and long-term risk response plans to eliminate or reduce risks
- Continuously assess and improvement Chainlink’s Technical Risk Management Program
We are searching for bar-raising professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a fast pace workplace, and who can actively contribute to the team.
- 5+ Years of experience managing technical risks
- 5+ Years of experience managing technical program in a SaaS / Cloud domain
- Experience with Quantitative Risk Management, statistical analysis and conducting Monte Carlo simulations
- Experience working with Risk Management Software such as GOAT, ARM (Active Risk Manager), @Risk, Crystal Ball or similar tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and effectively influence at all levels of the Engineering Team
- Ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in ambiguous environments
- Ability to work in fully remote teams across time zones
- Project Management Certification such as PMP
- Working in Web3 / Blockchain environment
- Cloud Infrastructure and / or Software Engineering experience
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
- Bachelor’s degree
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks.
Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others.
The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.