Quality Assurance Engineer (MetaMask Snaps)
maintain the high level of MetaMask's Snaps quality that our users expect
4 days ago
Oops. In progress...
We are looking for highly motivated quality assurance engineers to assist us in building these Snaps quickly, while maintaining the high level of quality that our users expect. You should be proficient with test automation as well as manual testing approaches. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
- Develop and automate tests for an evolving MetaMask extension API
- Create test plans and test reports for all Snaps in general as well as specializations for individual Snaps
- Develop tests for a growing set of specific extensions which consume the above API
- Coordinate across teams with separate release cycles to perform acceptance and regression testing
- Building a deep understanding of our users and existing products
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Demonstrated interest or experience with blockchain related development and web3 technologies through any of: work experience, hackathons, open source work, personal projects, or similar experiences
- Familiarity with agile processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Perform features analysis to create detailed test plans and test cases
- Perform testing, triage test failures and report bugs
- Write automated end-to-end tests
- Be a voice for quality, stability, and security in our product development and release processes
- Experience establishing and maintaining QA processes and practices
- Pull request review from a QA perspective
- Proactive and self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment
- Are kind, empathetic, and supportive towards the team
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping bug free software to their work
- Timezone: Ideally between PT and ET, if in EU/UK you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with continental US time zones
- You’re a MetaMask user!
- Great understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem
- Prior experience with developing tests for APIs or extension or plugin systems
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets.
Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.