Senior Backend Engineer (Rust)
build the next generation of decentralised trading protocols
4 months ago
Oops. In progress...
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated backend engineer to help us build the next generation of decentralised trading protocols. As a dedicated systems engineer, you will gain ownership of our existing backend services, as well as have the ability to influence the creation, design, and execution of future features and products. You will work on technically challenging aspects of our off-chain services as well as our developer-facing APIs and make sure we deliver reliable and performant features to improve the core CoW protocol.
- Develop new functionality for both our off-chain services (optimising transaction execution, scaling order throughput, increase protocol decentralisation) as well as our APIs (price estimation & order placement, real-time blockchain state monitoring, client communication channels)
- While your focus will be writing concurrent backend systems in Rust, you will also interact with our Smart Contracts written in Solidity and develop your understanding of auction mechanisms and Decentralized Finance
- Work closely with researchers and product managers to ship features and come up with new solutions for challenging technological problems
- Deliver high quality code for features from concept until production (including state of the art monitoring of our production systems)
- Give thoughtful and in-depth code reviews of your colleagues’ contributions to our open source codebase
- Product Code: Rust, Tokio, Cargo, Git
- Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana
- You have 3+ years of experience with distributed systems engineering, preferably in Rust (Go, C++, Java or similar)
- You have excellent computer science, programming and algorithmic skills
- You care deeply about the quality and readability of your code
- You proactively giving technical direction such as improving performance, preventing issues, data usage, refactoring the codebase
- You are a team player, strong communicator and love to share your knowledge with others
- You collaborate effectively with a remote-first team on a large, open source codebase
- Understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem, general finance and/or game theory and mechanism design
- Experience with architecting complex software systems
culture & perks
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
- Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the most fair and efficient venue for exchanging assets on all EVM compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $12bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 4th most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- now we're aiming for #1.
We are an ambitious, fast growing and international team working at the forefront of DeFi. We believe that we can make markets both more efficient and fair, by building the ultimate batch auction settlement layer across EVM compatible blockchains.
Lisbon/Berlin or Remote
Location: We are a fully remote team and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 3 hours CEST time.
Position: Full-time contractor