Staff Engineer - Accounts and Key Management (MetaMask)
bring technical leadership to MetaMask's main areas of work and help propose and champion other innovative key management features
4 months ago
Oops. In progress...
We are looking for a senior engineer who would be excited to bring technical leadership to MetaMask's main areas of work and help propose and champion other innovative key management features. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Be passionate about the technical and UX challenges involved in account and key management for a blockchain wallet
- Work on both our mobile and extension products with equal enthusiasm
- Lead technical and architectural decisions related to UI, APIs and modules necessary for MetaMask’s current and future key management solutions
- Improve our key management related code through effective review of pull requests, triaging and analysis of GitHub issues, auditing and refactoring the codebase, and testing
- Lead the technical security assessment of all new account and key management features to ensure MetaMask continues to be an extremely safe experience
- Proactively contribute to team discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- Be proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Support their teammates’ performance and growth
- Be successful working within a fully remote environment
- Bring respect, patience, and empathy to every interaction and relationship with coworkers and the community
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping code and fixing bugs to their work
Successful candidates should be used to operating at a senior level, working closely with external engineering stakeholders such as product managers, and leading engineering squad or scrum teams. They should also be proficient, or be able to quickly become proficient, in the following areas:
- Key concepts, protocols and libraries underlying ethereum accounts, keys, transaction signing and message signing
- Architecting and implementing APIs (for servers, services or libraries) in a Node.js context
- Working with both React and React Native, in both desktop browser and mobile development environments
- Some or all of: Node.js streams, Service Workers, generators, Observables, WebSockets
- Browsers and browser APIs
- Front-end build tools: Grunt, Gulp, webpack, or similar
- Testing: unit, integration, end-to-end
- Security engineering
- Involvement in EIP authoring or review processes
- Native mobile engineering (iOS, Android)
- Applied Cryptography
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.