Strategic Finance Associate
help ConsenSys to support financial decision-making and corporate planning while embodying our company’s values
4 months ago
Oops. In progress...
The Corporate Finance team is looking for a Strategic Finance Associate to help with our mission to support financial decision-making and corporate planning while embodying our company’s values. Your efforts will influence key financial insights and strategic recommendations we provide to Consensys Software’s leadership and Board, and design and implement company-wide processes to drive toward our desired business and financial outcomes. You will engage with product, operations, strategy, marketing and customer success in developing these strategic recommendations. A passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomics, exceptional work ethic, and team oriented mentality is essential for this impactful role.
- Maintain ownership of comprehensive, drivers-based financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions, and metrics
- Support best-in-class finance capabilities by partnering with teams across the company to drive financial and strategic insight through deep goal-oriented financial analysis and long-range planning
- You are comfortable with analyzing and pressure testing the long-term drivers of the business and will develop creative solutions to problems using qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market sizing to determine product prioritization, organizational planning and its effect on org. velocity, unit economics & ROI)
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize monthly financials and key performance indicators (KPIs) reports for use by leadership teams
- Provide strong business analytic decision support on numerous revenue and cost initiatives, return on investment analyses and/or other assigned projects. Act as a strategist and key stakeholder through risk adjusted financial analyses on potential investments, choices, and trade-offs - Act as an operator through effective financial planning and analyses
- Develop a thorough and detailed understanding of both our long term strategy as well as our core product and financial metrics
- Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Support presentation materials (e.g. Ops reviews, Finance Leadership & Board materials) as well as contribute to other ad hoc Corporate Finance and Operations projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis, with a track record demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Venture backed startup, Strategy Consulting Firm and/or Investment Banking experience a plus
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/fintech/SaaS organization is a plus
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative - you will have a strong EQ and experience with partnering across matrixed organizations
- Experience building financial models and developing automated reports and dashboards
- Advanced skills in Excel and adept user GSuite with proficiency in SQL a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing / “can do” attitude, commitment to quality, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and complete professional ownership
- Strong growth mentality to seek out continuous improvement and development opportunities through a growth mindset
- Understanding and familiarity with blockchain and cryptocurrency is a plus
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.