design, implement and maintain a suite of tests for a derivatives trading system
4 months ago
We are building a blockchain-based derivatives exchange and are looking for an experienced QA developer to join us. You are an experienced QA Lead or SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) who has proven experience in designing, implementing and maintaining a suite of tests for a derivatives trading system. You’ll be able to read specifications and produce automated tests that probe the expected pathways as well as edge cases of the implementation, checking for correctness.
Start date: Immediate
Type: Permanent or long-term contract
- Proven track record of testing complex financial systems
- Strong experience in Python (we use pytest currently)
- Collaborative and able and willing to work in a remote-first environment
- Cucumber, Robot, pytest
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience working with at least one public blockchain
- Experience using Docker & publishing docker images
- Working knowledge of Go
- Prior experience working remotely
- Degree in a numerate discipline (Maths, Physics or Computer Science)
- Interest in or experience with networking (the social kind) / public speaking
- Golang, Python, Typescript
- gRPC, GraphQL
- Docker, Terraform
culture & perks
Community at Vega starts with our global team. We're a fast-growing, collaborative, and multi-disciplinary team, learning from each other and setting our sights on solving complex challenges. If you believe in the power of decentralisation and want to change the world of finance, this is your chance.
In return for working with Vega, you get the ability to work at the cutting edge of new technology, remotely, on your own schedule.
It is Vega’s mission to build tools for decentralised trading that allow anyone on earth to trade freely, with open and fully access to their trading and risk data and no artificial barriers to entry or reliance on centralised entities. The project began in early 2018, and our testnet was opened to the public in late 2020.
Our team of 20 is interested in learning from each other and solving complex challenges, with a vibe that can be described as ‘relaxed excellence’. Our professional backgrounds include trading and markets infrastructure, development, academia, and business management.
Oops. In progress...