Game Economy Designer
find balance between all things with costs
4 months ago
A Game Economy Designer on The Walking Dead Empires will be responsible for finding balance between all things with costs. The ideal candidate will be capable of working in complex systems while considering multiple factors to justify the cost, frequency, potency, and accessibility of all in-game items.
- Balance in-game resource costs with resource availability
- Set appropriate fees and costs using in-game currency
- Work closely with other designers to balance and control the flow of the in-game token
- A bachelor's degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, computer science, game design, or strategy
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game design or game development
- Organized and well-developed understanding of game economies
- Analyzing reports on user experience and activity of the game
- Designing and presenting game economy systems (rewards, rules, progressions, and interaction systems)
- Strong understanding of game development and design evaluation
Nice to Have:
- Experience tuning and balancing a game economy for a shipped title
- Excellent familiarity and skills creating documentation and working in spreadsheets
- Familiarity with AMCs The Walking Dead
- Comfortable with working remotely on a full-time basis
culture & perks
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary (Location Dependent)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees - Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
Gala Games was founded with one goal in mind: to give power back to the gamers.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people across the world. We are breaking down barriers to bring our gaming community joy, entertainment, and real-world value. At Gala Games, we work remotely and flexibly, we like each other, and we love getting things done.
Working at Gala Games, you’ll think and make things that are new and exciting. Through your talents and efforts, you will improve the lives of gamers in the real world.
Oops. In progress...