Head of Event Marketing & Operations
lead event and industry marketing operations, including building processes, frameworks and plans, owning budget and planning processes
4 months ago
Oops. In progress...
Polygon is seeking an experienced event marketing and operations professional to support the global experiential marketing team. This person will lead event and industry marketing operations, including building processes, frameworks and plans, owning budget and planning processes, leading RFPs, vetting new tools and platforms, and working with our team, cross-functional partners and stakeholders on global programs. This person will help to build and refine all of the team’s templates and communications, and will lead and support key strategic initiatives and programs (e.g. external industry programs and internal Polygon-owned programs), while contributing to strategic projects and initiatives that involve functions across both business and product.
- Design and maintain processes and systems to coordinate and track incoming requests for experiential and industry support, and drive team reporting, measurement and metrics
- Ensure progress on priority work-streams, help build decision-making frameworks, deliverables, etc., including support for external relationship management
- Proactively develop best practices and processes that can be streamlined with our partners and help scale programs more efficiently
- Work with our stakeholders to help our team become better strategic partners, implementing consistent reporting processes, planning tools, etc.
- Work with VP to define success and measure impact across the team, setting standards for event KPI’s
- Lead and manage vendor relationships, ensuring that the structure of our partnerships maximize the tools and support we need
- Manage daily and strategic operations in partnership with VP and key cross-functional partners including Finance, Legal, etc.
- Manage complex and high-value global event budget and planning processes. Be the central point of contact for the full team and cross-functional partners to ensure consistency
- Develop and produce event programs through solid positioning, messaging, event planning, project management, contract negotiating, and cross-functional relations, that ensures Polygon’s positioning in the marketplace
- Share and scale assets and experiences, maximize efficiencies and cultivate new ideas that benefit programs globally
- Lead across teams to research, prepare briefings, set agendas, coordinate materials and own follow ups for team meetings, offsites, etc.
- Create team-wide documents and presentations as needed; manage special projects to support the team; support message development and communication for internal and external engagements, including for team meetings, industry engagements, internal posts, etc.
- Proactively lead with a positive attitude and with clear timelines in mind
- Proactively contribute to team, organization and company culture
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of the business, be organized, strong in project management, able to shift seamlessly between strategic counsel and smaller daily tasks and have excellent communication skills. This person will be a team-player, will be resourceful in building relationships across the larger Polygon ecosystem and will thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity work setting.
- 10+ years experience within operations, project management, strategy, event production, or agency production
- Thorough understanding of the web3 industry, key associations, partners and media landscape
- Experience creating and evolving experiences that showcase Polygon’s offerings — specifically, working hands-on with NFTs, crypto, AR and VR technology – with proven results building event experiences with and aligning use of these technologies to business goals
- Experience working directly with management as well as people at all levels, both inside and outside of a company
- Experience working in close collaboration with agency creatives, designers, and producers on a variety of digital and interactive projects
- Experience managing complex and high-value budgets across multiple teams
- Experience managing multiple tasks under timelines and shifting priorities
- Project management and communications (long- and short-form) experience
- Experience with building presentations in Google Slides /Pitch and compiling briefing materials, reports and updates
- Be flexible and prepared to have plans shift
- Contribute to a culture of innovation
- Familiarity with the latest techniques and technology
- Ability to creatively produce innovative work no matter the budget.
- Ability to drive impact through challenging partnerships and setbacks
culture & perks
- That's how we roll
Polygon is a team of diverse, passionate (and super smart) contributors around the globe. We break away from conventional setups to shape the future. We’re not fond of needless hierarchy. We value ideas and execution over anything else. Everyone who wants to build a decentralized future is welcome!
- A fair web
A fair web. While the internet has enabled better connectivity, a centralized web has also raised copyright, trust, privacy, and security issues. Polygon wants you to break free and thrive in a world where you own your data and privacy.
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.