Back-End Engineer, DeFi
help the team build from scratch Blockchain.com Stacking Platform
4 months ago
Our DeFi Team is growing and we are looking for a seasoned Software Developer with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable and performant systems to join us. This role will be involved in diverse DeFi projects and the current challenge is helping the team build from scratch Blockchain.com Stacking Platform.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. We are looking for software engineers who care about software excellence, are advocates of best practices and love learning new skills.
- Build distributed, scalable and highly performant, (soft real-time) software to handle our rapidly growing user base using the most appropriate languages and tools
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products that directly impact millions of users
- Be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency ecosystem building out a new set of financial services, systems and architecture
- Work extensively with open source technologies (Kafka, Cassandra, PostgreSQL)
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do, employing advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality products to our users
- Optimize existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products
- At least 5 years of back-end experience with at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala or C++, Python, Golang
- Proven background and experience on Web3 and Smart Contracts programming
- Tools and frameworks, which helps to deal with concurrency and distributed systems related issues, like Vert.X, Akka, Quarkus, Micronaut, etc
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant, low latency, scalable architectures (distributed systems)
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems
- An appreciation of the entire stack (including but not limited to front-end service-oriented architecture, message brokers, databases, network layers, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application
culture & perks
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options
United States, United Kingdom, Europe
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Oops. In progress...