develop and implement financial modeling and forecasting
4 months ago
We’re looking for a Cryptocurrency FP&A Analyst to work with our Finance and Lending team.
On the Finance side, the analyst will be focused on:
- developing and implementing financial modeling and forecasting for various stakeholders and management
- analyzing KPIs across various segments of the business
- strategizing for further revenue growth and cost optimization
On the Lending side, the analyst will be focused on:
- gathering financial and general business information pertaining to customer and prospective loan requests
- performing financial analyses needed to make credit decisions
- contributing and providing input to group loan decision process based on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors and recommend credit solutions that add value for our customers
Blockchain is a dynamic, fast-moving startup and this person should enjoy operating with increased autonomy and executing upon objectives with less than crisply defined boundaries and/or expectations in situations without clear precedent.
To do so, this person will rely on their integrity, attention to detail, demonstrated business intuition, creative problem solving and experience in financial modeling, credit risk, quantitative analysis and project management. At the same time, they need to be a utility player willing to roll up their sleeves and help out wherever needed.
- Assist with the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- Analyze financial information and provide real-time reports support to management for decision making purposes
- Create and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Identify inefficiencies to improve business performance and conduct supporting analyses
- Evaluate trends in performance and initiate analysis to identify opportunities and risks
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models to support informed decision making
- Prepare investment-related documents for internal and external audiences
- Participate in all aspects of deal approval process including opportunity development, due diligence, negotiations and portfolio management
- Work with senior staff to help identify viable investment transactions across various geographies through mapping, research and pipeline management
- Perform analytics on markets, company performances, portfolio and other data
- Help design and maintain proper KPIs for portfolio companies or opportunities in watch-list
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with specialized finance or accounting experience
- 2+ years experience in investment and credit analysis with investment banking background within a major financial institution, or large corporation
- Strong understanding of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Willing to travel on short notices
- Demonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with others, being able to form relationships with counterparts and mid-level clients and stakeholders to exchange information needed for transaction or portfolio processing
- SQL or statistics experience preferred
- Demonstrable interest in cryptocurrencies, venture capital and principal investing
culture & perks
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry
- Unlimited vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the world’s largest and most trusted production blockchain platform, powering more than 50 million non-custodial wallets. Together with our platform of liquidity and execution services, we share the passion to build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We have continued to expand our company’s footprint and venture into new products and business lines. One of the most rapidly expanding segments is our Institutional Lending desk. Since launching in September, Blockchain Lending has lent, traded or borrowed over $1.6 billion worth of cryptocurrency, making us the fastest growing lender in the more than $5 billion emerging industry.
Oops. In progress...