Developer Relations - Launchpad
raise awareness of PL & Filecoin technologies, educate and engage with the builder's community
4 months ago
At Protocol Labs, we are working on a new effort to scale technical talent into web3. PLN Launchpad is a six-week, full-time onboarding program designed to train, develop, and match technical talent at scale with opportunities in Web3 across the Protocol Labs Network (PLN).
Launchpad aims to help accelerate non-Web3 talent into this new frontier and help web3-savvy contributors quickly ramp up their InterPlanetary web3 knowledge, grow strong PL Network community bonds, and find their best-fit role in the PL Network.
Developer Relations role’s main goal is to raise awareness of PL & Filecoin technologies, educate technical audiences and engage with the builder's community. It’s a role that combines technical, content creation and community management together.
This is more work than any one individual could take on on their own. You’ll be working on the cohort management team and closely collaborating with the larger Launchpad team which includes our curriculum, logistics, and recruiting team. You would also be both leading demo sessions and workshops and facilitating technical deep dives across the PLN.
We’re a team that values sharing knowledge, teaching others, and giving our participants the tools to be successful. Once comfortable with our stack up to 20% of this role will be spent contributing to our open source projects to keep up on their technical skills.
- Be responsible for the technical growth of each launchpad cohort participant and overall program health
- Have a deep love of teaching and continuously learning new technologies
- Source and organize various educational materials, live trainings, events/cohorts and mini projects to implement PL Network Launchpad and related programs
- Facilitate technical talks and demos with engineers working on some of our core protocols
- Plan, attend and support in the facilitation “colo week” a one-week in-person session per cohort (location varies).
- Participate and organize community events around the Launchpad curriculum to a variety of audiences
- Anything else that helps bring our curriculum to the world and gets feedback from program participants, hiring managers, and community members
- Support non-technical talent as they level up in their technical skills
- Experience teaching, writing, or hosting workshops for developers
- Previous technical teaching experience blended with past dev advocate//community engineer experience
- Experience with open source contribution and worked on open source technologies
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, ability to build relationships across many different teams
- Enjoys taking initiative to solve open-ended problems
- Previous teaching experience or curriculum/technical writing
- Experience working with distributed systems (cyber security, cloud computing, networks etc.)
- Able to teach technical concepts for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience speaking at conferences, developer summits, or virtual events
- Experience working in or managing open source software communities
- Masters degree in computer science, adult education, or a related field
- Previous experience working on engineering documentation
- Prior experience in partner engineer or client facing support engineer
culture & perks
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Oops. In progress...