Content Strategist, Technology
lead the development and execution of our technical communications and content
2 months ago
Oops. In progress...
The Communications team drives awareness for OP Labs and the Optimism ecosystem. As the content strategist focused on the protocol and technology, you’ll lead the development and execution of our technical communications and content.
This role is equal parts project manager, strategist, and creator. Working alongside the Head of Communications and the Content Strategist, Ecosystem, you’ll partner with Product, Engineering, and technical leadership to architect and deliver on a content roadmap in support of OP Lab’s key narratives.
- Lead a comms and content strategy that positions OP Labs as technical experts in Ethereum and blockchain and highlights the ambitious work our team is driving for the Optimism protocol
- Own the technical content roadmap and editorial calendar, working closely with the Head of Comms and the Content Strategist, Ecosystem to ensure a cohesive voice and overarching narrative
- With support from Head of Comms, own strategic content planning for major initiatives from concept through execution
- Manage development of assets including: product and feature releases and updates, blog posts, social copy, FAQs, and creative content we haven’t dreamed up yet!
- Drive strategy for developer blog, increasing publication cadence without sacrificing quality
- A track record of leading content programs at brands developers love - we’d especially love to learn about programs you built and scaled at high-growth startups
- Experience helping engineers and product managers produce technical thought leadership content while juggling competing priorities
- The ability to translate complex, technical details into digestible, engaging stories
- A desire to dream up and experiment with new forms of content to keep our community engaged and expand our reach to new audiences
- A knack for tailoring content to a variety of mediums including: social media, long form blogs, talking points and scripts, web copy, and presentations
- Crypto, Web 3, and blockchain experience isn’t required, but a passion for learning new technologies and understanding what engages and interests our community is critical
culture & perks
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - US Only: An FSA is an account where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses such as prescriptions, OTC medicine, vision care, childcare, etc. Every year you decide up front how much money you want to put in the account (the max is $2850 for Medical Care and $5000 Dependent Care.)
- 401k Retirement plan - US Only: OP Labs PBC offers 100% match for the first 4% of what you contribute to the plan via Guideline
- Life & Disability Insurance - US Only: OP Labs PBC offers 100% coverage for Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Life & Supplemental Life Insurance
- WFH Flexibility: OP Labs will reimburse you up to $1,000 to let you build your ideal home office space—whether you’d like a standing desk, a new pair of headphones or an ergonomic chair we want your home office to fit your needs
- Paid Parental Leave: When you welcome a new child, OP Labs PBC encourages you to take up to 12 weeks parental leave, at 100% paid salary
- Crypto Tax Professionals: When you work in crypto, navigating your taxes can be....complicated. That’s why for 2021 and 2022 tax years OP Labs PBC has agreed to cover all employee personal tax filings—we use the best crypto tax firms in the US. If you are outside of the US, we’ll cover a similar service up to $3,000 per year
- Vacations and Paid Holidays: OP Labs PBC offers a flexible time-off policy and we actually encourage people to use it. Some notable trips employees have taken thus far include a weeklong ski trip to Colorado, a trip to Hawaii, a camping trip to Joshua tree!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.