Engineering Manager, Protocol
oversee a team of engineers dedicated to building the Optimism core protocol
2 months ago
Oops. In progress...
- Oversee a team of engineers dedicated to building the Optimism core protocol
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity—build and reinforce a shipping culture
- Manage team career development by coaching and mentoring engineers though continuous feedback, goal setting and development plans
- Collaborate closely with product team to set engineering priorities
- 2+ years of people management experience at a high-growth startup
- Strong working knowledge of cryptocurrency protocols
- Experience building crypto/web3 products specifically in the Ethereum ecosystem—experience in Go and Solidity strongly preferred
- Experience recruiting and building high-performing engineering teams
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
- Experience managing and developing both junior engineers as well as senior individual contributors
- Ability to balance protocol design with user needs and contribute to product roadmap conversations
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment in a rapidly evolving, cutting edge industry
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
culture & perks
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - US Only: An FSA is an account where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses such as prescriptions, OTC medicine, vision care, childcare, etc. Every year you decide up front how much money you want to put in the account (the max is $2850 for Medical Care and $5000 Dependent Care.)
- 401k Retirement plan - US Only: OP Labs PBC offers 100% match for the first 4% of what you contribute to the plan via Guideline
- Life & Disability Insurance - US Only: OP Labs PBC offers 100% coverage for Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Life & Supplemental Life Insurance
- WFH Flexibility: OP Labs will reimburse you up to $1,000 to let you build your ideal home office space—whether you’d like a standing desk, a new pair of headphones or an ergonomic chair we want your home office to fit your needs
- Paid Parental Leave: When you welcome a new child, OP Labs PBC encourages you to take up to 12 weeks parental leave, at 100% paid salary
- Crypto Tax Professionals: When you work in crypto, navigating your taxes can be....complicated. That’s why for 2021 and 2022 tax years OP Labs PBC has agreed to cover all employee personal tax filings—we use the best crypto tax firms in the US. If you are outside of the US, we’ll cover a similar service up to $3,000 per year
- Vacations and Paid Holidays: OP Labs PBC offers a flexible time-off policy and we actually encourage people to use it. Some notable trips employees have taken thus far include a weeklong ski trip to Colorado, a trip to Hawaii, a camping trip to Joshua tree!
- We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.