Senior Unity Engineer
continue building the clients to enter the Metaverse
2 months ago
Oops. In progress...
We are a group of contributors to the Decentraland ecosystem and are actively seeking for a Senior Unity Engineer to continue building the clients to enter the Metaverse. Our ideal candidate is excited about creating truly memorable experiences for the community, has a generalist mindset, and an extensive background in the gaming industry.
- Take ownership of large and complex features collaborating with other team members, ensuring the highest level of quality
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, ensuring the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of the world client
- Partner with the creative team to ensure that project planning, along with technical implementation, is aligned with the vision and strategy
- Be part of the development process and contribute with improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production cycle
- Mentor other developers in the best use of the development guidelines, actively participating in code reviews and pair programming
- Strong background and professional experience within the gaming industry
- Proven experience with the Unity engine
- C# object oriented programming skills
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git, Perforce or Mercurial
- Experience with web technologies, such as TypeScript, WebAssembly, WebRTC or WebGL
- Experience with other 3D engines like Unreal, CryEngine, Godot or custom
- Experience manipulating game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc.)
- Experience working with rendering pipelines and shaders
- Experience contributing to the development of continuous integration pipelines
- Experience working in multiplayer games
culture & perks
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours
- 29 vacation days per year
- Long term incentive of MANA tokens, vested in a 4 years period
- Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester
- Stipend policy to cover work-related expenses
- Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair
Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.