Software Engineer, Node (Pagoda)
work on the experience of running Pagoda’s blockchain client
a month ago
Oops. In progress...
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for an engineer to work on the experience of running Pagoda’s blockchain client. You will be working with complex concurrent systems, low-level code, complicated state machines, and novel algorithms.
You will be expected to fully own various components and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team
- Design and implementation of various complex Rust components
- End-to-end ownership of various components
- Performance tuning and optimizations
- Work with a product manager on various feature requests from different stakeholders in the ecosystem.
- Fluency with algorithms and data structures
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies fast
- Excellent coding skills
- Ability to go from design to implementation fast
- Good communication skills
- Experience with Rust or alternatively but less preferred C++ or Go
- Experience with concurrency or parallelism
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Familiarity with internals of other blockchains
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Knowledge of compilers or virtual machines
- Knowledge of networks or operating systems
- Experience debugging complex concurrent systems
culture & perks
Our Values at Pagoda
- Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
- Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
- Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
- Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
- Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.