Senior Smart Contract Engineer
build smart contracts allowing our fully EVM-compatible zkRollup to interface with the Ethereum base layer
3 days ago
Oops. In progress...
We are looking for a senior smart contract engineer to build smart contracts allowing our fully EVM-compatible zkRollup to interface with the Ethereum base layer. You will work with the Sequencer team to develop, test, and optimize contracts allowing Ethereum users to enter and exit Scroll. The security of these contracts will be paramount.
Your day-to-day work will involve writing, testing, deployment, and maintenance of smart contracts as well as experimentation with new features in conjunction with the Sequencer team. We are looking for someone with a deep security mindset to set a high cultural expectation of security and correctness on the team. The ideal candidate will be able to establish and promote security best practices and tooling across the team.
- Write smart contract interface between our zkRollup and the Ethereum base layer
- Ensure correctness of smart contract interface by a combination of testing, external audits, and formal verification
- Optimize gas usage of user calls to the smart contract interface
- Experience building and deploying production smart contracts in Solidity
- Deep understanding of blockchain and Ethereum
- Experience deploying and maintaining security critical code
- Experience in gas optimization preferred
culture & perks
This is a remote position. Work from anywhere with our global team.
Scroll is an EVM-equivalent zkRollup to scale Ethereum. Technically speaking, Scroll is built upon two major pieces. The core piece is the zkEVM, which is used to prove the correctness of EVM execution in Layer 2. We have been building it in the open with the Privacy and Scaling Explorations group at the Ethereum Foundation for over a year. But to turn the zkEVM into a full zkRollup on the Ethereum, we also need to build a complete L2 architecture around it.