lead the company’s legal and regulatory functions, and will provide leadership to WorkDAO’s legal team
3 months ago
We are looking for a General Counsel.
In this role, you will be initially reporting to the CEO. The General Counsel will lead the company’s legal and regulatory functions, and will provide leadership to WorkDAO’s legal team. This role will focus on long-term impact, work closely with the CEO and the Executive Team on high-priority projects and strategic decisions and collaborate with other team members across different functions including Operations, Product, and Business Development.
In addition, the General Counsel is a vital partner to our product and business team to facilitate opportunities for the company.
- Develop an overall legal strategy and manage legal matters of the company
- Provide strategic oversight and leadership to the Legal team
- Advise and support the executive team on strategic and complex regulatory and business issues internationally
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on issues related to product development and business partnerships
- Conduct legal research and review the company’s strategies to ensure compliance
- Monitor legislation and regulatory developments on financial services and digital assets/cryptocurrency
- Provide management, leadership, strategic direction, and oversight for the legal and compliance functions and staff
- Utilize a broad range of legal disciplines to provide the business and external clients with timely advice and counsel to minimize risks and advance the company's interests
- Staying abreast of the relevant new legal developments and the evolving regulatory landscape around financial regulations and digital assets - including federal and state laws and regulatory guidelines
- Partner with external subject matter experts and engage with outside counsel, as needed, acting as the interface for managing legal assignments and expenses
- Coordinate with the CEO to support corporate governance activities
- Graduate of Juris Doctor and a licensed lawyer in good standing with a state bar
- 7+ years of related experience as in-house counsel or in a large firm with a professional background in corporate advisory practice
- Strong knowledge of financial services regulations with a working knowledge of corporate governance, entity formation and tax, labor and employment laws, and corporate transactions
- Good judgment in ambiguous and challenging circumstances
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to represent the company credibly internally and externally
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote environment
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and establish cooperative and positive working relationships
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple projects and tasks under changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge in cryptocurrency compliance and regulations
Nice to have:
- Interest and up to date knowledge of crypto policy and policy changes
culture & perks
We are a fully remote organization looking to hire the absolute best talent, regardless of the location. We take care of everyone on our team, anywhere in the world.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Being a part of an international team on a massive mission
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Ultra competitive salary
- Apple laptop
United States - Remote
WorkDAO is a token compensation platform for web3 employment. WorkDAO allows any organization, from a Delaware C corp to an unwrapped DAO, to ensure that all their contributors are employed compliantly, and taxes are paid on token compensation.
We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
WorkDAO’s Services include:
- Web3 payroll - providing fiat/token payroll tax calculations and operations support
- Web3 Employment - compliant employer services globally (EOR and PEO) and world-class benefits
- Web3 Token Grant Administration - compliant token grants to contributors
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment and compensation for the next million contributors in Web3.
Oops. In progress...