identify, create and scale solutions that work in fast-changing business and regulatory environments with international scope
3 months ago
We are looking for the Associate GC. This is a senior role and in this role, you will be initially reporting to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of working on a broad variety of transactional and regulatory matters related to financial services and technology, securities laws and/or blockchain and cryptocurrency at tier 1, global law firm.
The responsibilities will be multifaceted and might span across managing a global legal team, building and leading a legal advisory for new products and services. You will lead and work with both in-house legal team members, external counsel and other external advisors to identify, create and scale solutions that work in fast-changing business and regulatory environments with international scope. You will work collaboratively with the executive team on executing on WorkDAO’s accelerated and aggressive global growth plan.
- Build and manage a global legal team that will oversee the legal and compliance-related workstreams related to our corporate setup, business operations, product development and sales
- Scope, build, and manage relationships with external counsels and other advisors that will work with in-house legal team on complex, jurisdiction-specific matters
- Ensure corporate and product compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations, in close collaboration with cross functional teams and external advisors
- Advise on the strategic business decisions as we plan and execute on an accelerated and aggressive global growth plan across new product offerings, country-specific launches, and changing regulatory controls
- Provide practical guidance to Business Development, Operations, Product and Engineering teams teams on day-to-day issues
- Build and maintain scalable legal, compliance and risk management frameworks and processes
- Develop, execute, and continually evaluate legal strategy in litigation and/or regulatory matters
- Support business development initiatives and draft/negotiate contracts
- Speak regularly in public as the voice for WorkDAO
- Build and maintain an extensive network in the ecosystem to inform WorkDAO legal strategy
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership
- Currently licensed in a U.S. state. JD or equivalent with 5+ years of legal experience, and preferably in-house experience as well
- Transactional experience in a tier 1 law firm
- Substantial expertise working with product teams in the crypto and fintech industry, specifically teams building protocols, DeFi, DAOs, NFTs, and other related products
- Experience with legal personnel management, building and running a smoothly functioning legal team
- A strong interest in digital currency and blockchain technology
- Ability to expertly advise and provide big-picture thought leadership to internal teams on the strategy, development, integration and expansion of existing and new products and services
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism
- Proven high level of maturity, executive presence, and judgement in complex high-profile situations
culture & perks
We are a fully remote organization looking to hire the absolute best talent, regardless of the location. We take care of everyone on our team, anywhere in the world.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Being a part of an international team on a massive mission
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Ultra competitive salary
- Leave & vacation
- Apple laptop
United States - Remote
WorkDAO is a token compensation platform for web3 employment. WorkDAO allows any organization, from a Delaware C corp to an unwrapped DAO, to ensure that all their contributors are employed compliantly, and taxes are paid on token compensation.
We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
WorkDAO’s Services include:
- Web3 payroll - providing fiat/token payroll tax calculations and operations support
- Web3 Employment - compliant employer services globally (EOR and PEO) and world-class benefits
- Web3 Token Grant Administration - compliant token grants to contributors
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment and compensation for the next million contributors in Web3.
Oops. In progress...