carry out the business in a compliant manner, implementing risk mitigation solutions and legal strategies in the market
a month ago
We are looking for an Associate Lawyer.
In this role, you will be initially reporting to the CEO and eventually the General Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated organizational leadership capabilities, client-facing experience, a passion for driving business program impact through operational excellence and rigor, experience navigating complex global requirements and regulatory constraints, with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Mapping and understanding requirements to carry out the business in a compliant manner, implementing risk mitigation solutions and legal strategies in the market
- Ensuring global and local compliance and reviewing employment documents required to be an employer in the assigned jurisdiction
- Provide high-quality oral and written legal advice concerning employment law matters throughout the jurisdiction
- Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of company policies
- Assist with and supervise employment-related disputes and litigation including as a liaison with outside counsel
- Supporting other teams on legal and employment matters arising from customers’ requests
- Handling negotiations and reviewing commercial agreements with clients
- 3+ years of work experience regarding corporate advisory matters, immigration & employment regulation matters either in-house or in private practice
- A lawyer in good standing and qualified to practice law in your jurisdiction
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm to get involved in new areas of law/jurisdictions
culture & perks
We are a fully remote organization looking to hire the absolute best talent, regardless of the location. We take care of everyone on our team, anywhere in the world.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Being a part of an international team on a massive mission
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Ultra competitive salary
- Leave & vacation
- Apple laptop
United Kingdom - Remote
WorkDAO is a token compensation platform for web3 employment. WorkDAO allows any organization, from a Delaware C corp to an unwrapped DAO, to ensure that all their contributors are employed compliantly, and taxes are paid on token compensation.
We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
WorkDAO’s Services include:
- Web3 payroll - providing fiat/token payroll tax calculations and operations support
- Web3 Employment - compliant employer services globally (EOR and PEO) and world-class benefits
- Web3 Token Grant Administration - compliant token grants to contributors
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment and compensation for the next million contributors in Web3.
Oops. In progress...