Head of Regulatory Affairs
manage regulatory aspects of business and product development, in particular advise on WorkDAO product development strategy
a month ago
We are looking for the Head of Regulatory Affairs. This is a senior role and in this role, you will be initially reporting to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of working on a broad variety of transactional and regulatory matters related to financial services and technology, securities laws and/or blockchain and cryptocurrency at tier 1, global law firm.
The responsibilities will be multifaceted and might span across in house legal advisory and external regulatory and policy making engagements. The role requires strong communication skills and exceptional abilities to execute.
- Manage regulatory aspects of business and product development, in particular advise on WorkDAO product development strategy to ensure we maintain market access for products and services in line with global and local regulations and our business objectives, and in coordination with key internal and external stakeholders (including external counsel)
- Advise internal teams on regulatory and public policy matters in order to guide development of products and develop policy recommendations
- Engage in a highly collaborative, zero-failure mission of driving the company’s global policy, strategy and communications activities as a part of a matrix organization
- Proactively track and help address regulatory changes for the business and for our clients as we plan and execute on an accelerated and aggressive global growth plan
- Prioritize stakeholder engagement mapping, ensuring the company is best placed to provide policy input and timely and effective subject matter expertise
- Oversee communication strategies that help WorkDAO engage with relevant external stakeholders, especially government and regulatory agencies
- Publish reports, frameworks, and other thought leadership content that helps advance WorkDAO’s mission and the broader ecosystem
- Engage with regulators, WorkDAO clients, partners and the media by enabling productive dialogue and providing strategic direction and increasing visibility on legal and regulatory issues that impact our business and strategy
- Speak regularly in public as the voice for WorkDAO
- Build and maintain an extensive network in the ecosystem to inform WorkDAO legal strategy
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership
- Currently licensed in a U.S. state. JD or equivalent with at least 3+ years of legal experience
- Transactional experience in a tier 1 law firm
- Experience with managing regulatory aspects of business and product development, including advisory on all phases of development, licensing, and life-cycle of the product
- Experience working with clients in the crypto and fintech industry, preferably with clients building protocols, DeFi, DAOs, and other related products
- Deep understanding of and a genuine interest in Web3 products and the ecosystem
- Experience providing legal thought leadership in novel areas and comfortable working in areas where regulation is still evolving
- Comfort in making decisions autonomously
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to persuade/drive alignment among differing perspectives
- Proven high level of maturity, executive presence, and judgement in complex high-profile situations
culture & perks
We are a fully remote organization looking to hire the absolute best talent, regardless of the location. We take care of everyone on our team, anywhere in the world.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Being a part of an international team on a massive mission
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Ultra competitive salary
- Leave & vacation
- Apple laptop
United States - Remote
WorkDAO is a token compensation platform for web3 employment. WorkDAO allows any organization, from a Delaware C corp to an unwrapped DAO, to ensure that all their contributors are employed compliantly, and taxes are paid on token compensation.
We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
WorkDAO’s Services include:
- Web3 payroll - providing fiat/token payroll tax calculations and operations support
- Web3 Employment - compliant employer services globally (EOR and PEO) and world-class benefits
- Web3 Token Grant Administration - compliant token grants to contributors
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment and compensation for the next million contributors in Web3.
Oops. In progress...