establish and scale WorkDAO’s flagship Web3-native crypto Tax Engine product, providing thought leadership and strategic direction on novel technology legal and regulatory issues
a month ago
We are looking for a Product Counsel.
In this role, you will be initially reporting to the CEO. The Product Counsel will contribute to establishing and scaling WorkDAO’s flagship Web3-native crypto Tax Engine product, providing thought leadership and strategic direction on novel technology legal and regulatory issues.
This role will focus on long-term impact and scalability, collaborating with the General Counsel, Executive, Legal, and Token Product teams on high-priority projects.
- Provide product counseling for Tax Engine, Legal, and HR Service Delivery products that WorkDAO is developing for launch. Ensure product compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations
- Drive product compliance frameworks, overseeing communication strategies and product roll outs
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on issues related to product development and business partnerships
- Staying abreast of the relevant new legal developments and the evolving regulatory landscape around financial regulations and digital assets - including U.S. federal, state, and international laws and regulatory guidelines
- Conduct legal research and review the company’s strategies to ensure compliance
- Monitor legislation and regulatory developments on financial services and digital assets / cryptocurrency
- Graduate of Juris Doctor and a licensed lawyer in good standing with a state bar
- 5+ years of related experience as in-house counsel or in a large firm with a professional background in corporate advisory practice
- Strong knowledge of financial services regulations with a working knowledge of corporate governance, entity formation and tax, labor and employment laws, and corporate transactions
- Expertise working with product teams in the crypto industry, with a developed interest in digital currency and blockchain technology
- Good judgment in ambiguous and challenging circumstances
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to represent the company credibly internally and externally
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote startup, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and establish cooperative and positive working relationships
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple projects and tasks under changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
culture & perks
We are a fully remote organization looking to hire the absolute best talent, regardless of the location. We take care of everyone on our team, anywhere in the world.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Being a part of an international team on a massive mission
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Ultra competitive salary
- Leave & vacation
- Apple laptop
United States - Remote
WorkDAO is a token compensation platform for web3 employment. WorkDAO allows any organization, from a Delaware C corp to an unwrapped DAO, to ensure that all their contributors are employed compliantly, and taxes are paid on token compensation.
We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
WorkDAO’s Services include:
- Web3 payroll - providing fiat/token payroll tax calculations and operations support
- Web3 Employment - compliant employer services globally (EOR and PEO) and world-class benefits
- Web3 Token Grant Administration - compliant token grants to contributors
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment and compensation for the next million contributors in Web3.
Oops. In progress...