Staff Software Engineer, Open Source (DevEx)
lead open-source development across the Flow developer suite
a week ago
Oops. In progress...
We’re searching for a passionate staff software engineer to lead open-source development across the Flow developer suite — a collection of software libraries, APIs, and developer tools used by thousands of Flow developers on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate not only has a passion for technical design but is also excited about fostering a diverse open-source community and collaborating to make blockchain development more accessible to developers of any background.
- Continuously improve Flow’s core developer experience by identifying and removing points of friction.
- Drive innovation in our space; Flow is a new platform and we are actively exploring new ways to build blockchain applications.
- Collaborate with community members and facilitate external contributions to Flow’s repositories.
- Lead the engineering team throughout the process of gathering developer feedback, designing solutions, shipping new software and maintaining live projects.
- Become a reliable mentor for other engineers and help us build a culture where curious engineers thrive.
- You are able to work with engineers, designers, product managers and other leaders to turn your product and technical vision into executable tasks.
- You have experience providing technical leadership for an engineering team.
- You are excited about owning the entire lifecycle of our developer tools, from defining a roadmap and proposing designs to implementing a final product.
- You have experience building modern backend systems as well as frontend client applications for web or mobile.
- In addition to your existing experience, you are also motivated to learn new technologies and excited to step outside of your comfort zone.
You are a strong problem solver and are comfortable removing blockers in an ambiguous environment.
- You are a great communicator and can collaborate effectively, not only within the Flow organization but also across our open-source communities.
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
The Flow Developer Experience team was born in mid 2020, shortly before the launch of the Flow blockchain network. Our goal has always been to make blockchain development simple and accessible. Since the start, we’ve worked shoulder-to-shoulder with Flow’s developer community to identify pain points and design solutions that have taken the form of client libraries, IDE integrations, and cross-platform authentication protocols.
Our work is language agnostic and requires us to cross all layers of a developer’s software stack. Regardless of what we’re building, we always strive to meet developers where they are — whether that place is a Swift iOS codebase or a data processing pipeline written in Go.
Lastly, we’re not here to reinvent the wheel. Sometimes the best tool is the one you already know. By leveraging well-known tools and frameworks, we aim to prove that any developer can build a blockchain application using the skills they already have.