Rust Developer (Infrastructure Team)
develop and maintenance of internal Rust libraries
4 months ago
We are the Blockchain Infrastructure Team, and we are building the foundation used by other projects at the Status Network. We are researching consensus algorithms, Multi-Party Computation techniques, ZKPs and other cutting-edge solutions with the aim to take the blockchain technology to the next level of security, decentralization and scalability for a wide range of use cases.
We are currently in a research phase, working with models and simulations. In the near future, we will start implementing the research. You will have the opportunity to participate in developing -and improving- the state of the art of blockchain technologies, as well as turning it into a reality.
- Develop and maintenance of internal Rust libraries
- 1st month: comfortable with dev framework, simulation app. Improve python lib
- 2nd-3rd month: Start developing prototype node services
- “Extensive” Rust experience (Async programming is a must)
- Ideally they have some GitHub projects to show
- Experience with Python
- Strong competency in developing and maintaining complex libraries or applications
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology
- A strong alignment to our principles
Bonus Points If
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization.
- Peer-to-peer or networking experience
Culture & Perks
- Remote work and a non-traditional organisation
- Events & Meetups
- Coworking Allowance
- Sick leave
- Computers & Devices
- Parental Leave
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto.
Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has a minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
A group of Status Contributors is also involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption-resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions - paving the way to economic opportunities for those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.You can read more about Logos here: in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
Oops. In progress...