Backend Software Engineer - Blockchain/LegalTech/FinTech
develop software needed for Kleros to run: write code, participate in code reviews, conduct tests and deal with potential bugs and vulnerabilities reported
3 months ago
You will be part of Kleros’ software development team, working closely with the team on open source code. You will develop software needed for Kleros to run: write code, participate in code reviews, conduct tests and deal with potential bugs and vulnerabilities reported through our bug bounty programs and audits.
You will spend most of your time as the project owner of the server side magic that makes Kleros work.
All of our projects use the blockchain as the source of truth, but there are many backend challenges that are crucial to the Kleros ecosystem. You will take on projects that interact with the blockchain, support the user experience, use decentralized protocols, and handle important off-chain data.
There are also opportunities to get involved with smart contract development and product development.
The Ethereum ecosystem is innovating quickly; so above all, you will be learning new things all the time.
- Back-end development using Node, Python, Go or a language of your choice
- AWS infrastructure maintenance
- Developing software to interact with the Ethereum blockchain
- Architect, build and maintain a sustainable backend server infrastructure
- Taking responsibility for improving and maintaining existing projects
- Interfacing with and supporting our front-ends decentralized applications
A previous blockchain experience is not necessarily required but candidates should be able to demonstrate a blockchain interest (read blog posts / scientific articles, tried dapps on mainnets or testnets).
culture & perks
We are a cross-discipline and international team passionate about blockchain and its potential to transform law and governance.
- Most of the compensation (2/3) is labelled in fiat and paid in crypto
- The remaining (1/3) is labelled in PNK vested over 3 years with a 1 year cliff ensuring you get a stake in the project
- We are a cooperative, so as a worker you own part of the company and get voting rights
Kleros is an open source online dispute resolution protocol which uses blockchain and crowdsourcing to fairly adjudicate disputes. Development efforts are coordinated by Coopérative Kleros, a Société Coopérative d’Intérêt Collectif (SCIC) incorporated in France. All our research and code development are open source and free for anyone to use.
The Cooperative Kleros, the company that kickstarted the development of the Kleros protocol, is a widely recognized name in the blockchain and legaltech industries with a highly skilled engineering and research teams.
Oops. In progress...