Smart Contract Engineer
work across our entire Ethereum-based web3 stack on cutting-edge technology that reshapes the global financial system
a month ago
Oops. In progress...
We're looking for a Senior Smart Contract Engineer to join our team. You'll have an opportunity to work across our entire Ethereum-based web3 stack on cutting-edge technology that reshapes the global financial system.
- Protocol Architecture: Research and develop protocol upgrades and new financial concepts
- Smart Contracts:Implement designs with a focus on security, simplicity, ease of use, and gas-efficiency
- Code Review and Mentorship: Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. In depth reviews of others’ contributions is expected with a focus on helping others grow their technical expertise
- Bots: write off-chain code to interact with and manage smart contracts. Bot systems should have a high degree of correctness, efficiency, and antifragility
- 2+ years full-time experience in Engineering at a software or financial services technology organization
- 1+ years full-time experience working in solidity or other compiled language
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomic protocol design, game theory, or decentralized finance
Culture & Perks
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
- We value openness, honesty, and directness
- We value integrity
- We value iterative learning
- We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”
- UMA's pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options. Salaries range from $100-200K and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in
- UMA teammates support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We have built an optimistic oracle for web3, and are building a robust ecosystem around that core solution. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors