lead our product team that maintains the official implementation of the Aleo protocol
a week ago
Oops. In progress...
Aleo is seeking an engineering manager to lead our product team that maintains the official implementation of the Aleo protocol. As part of your job, you can expect to manage the engineers and allocate resources around deliverables each quarter. You will need to review, document, and test Rust code and to ensure delivery of the product as specified and ensure the implementation is both correct and secure.
You should have a passion for open-source software and understand that the engineers you manage will ship code widely used on a decentralized network. You should care about privacy in the digital age and have a desire to contribute to the space.
Applicants will need to commute to be in person at the Aleo office in San Francisco for at least three days per week.
- Communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences
- Manage a small team of Rust engineers to execute at a fast-paced startup
- Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets
- Make hiring plans and hiring decisions
- Give frequent feedback and coaching to your team members, coordinating with people from around the company to get a full understanding of your team’s performance
- Adapt the team’s plans and goals to changing realities in a fast-moving industry
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, helping the team to analyze complex requirements and break down features and initiatives into tasks
- Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends
- Familiarity with Rust
- Prior experience hiring and managing a team of 0-5 engineers
- Prior experience delivering a product start to finish
Nice To Haves:
- At least three years of experience in engineering management or product management, including one year of management on a Rust project
- A foundational knowledge of blockchain concepts and, ideally, have contributed to/worked at a blockchain project
- Experience with cryptography solutions and libraries
- Familiarity with existing zero-knowledge solutions
- Experienced rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size)
- A degree in Computer Science, or a background of low-level systems programming and distributed systems design
Compensation & Benefits
- $240K- $290K plus an equity package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, as well as alignment with market data
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
San Francisco, CA, USA
Aleo is building the world's leading developer platform for private applications. With our vocal advocacy for privacy tech in the blockchain ecosystem, we are playing a major part in mainstream awareness and industry adoption of privacy-preserving technologies. We are proud to offer a platform of services that exemplify privacy tech in web applications, increasing digital freedom and access around the world.