Senior DevOps Engineer
empower the full-stack and backend engineers on their teams to deliver products customers rely on every day
3 months ago
Chainalysis has become known as the leader in blockchain investigation and compliance software. Our products have built trust in blockchains by taking down terrorist financing campaigns, disrupting major ransomware operations, identifying the Twitter hackers, and more.
Now, we are building the blockchain data platform for cryptocurrency. DevOps Engineers contribute to that vision by empowering the full-stack and backend engineers on their teams to deliver products customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business.
Alongside building the tools, pipelines, and observability engineers need to iterate fast and operate their own services safely, DevOps engineers work closely with their teammates to evangelize and automate dev-ops best practices. They are thought leaders in designing the scalable, highly available, and secure distributed systems powering the best-in-class insights into blockchain activity that enable our customers to push the boundaries of the cryptocurrency landscape.
- Work closely and in full coordination with the IT Eng+ DevOps team to provide follow-the-sun operational coverage in the production support of our AWS Environments and internal IT and Engineering tooling
- Built out automated tooling for cloud operations such as automated remediation of known issues, auto-scaling, etc.
- Work with our IT Engineering team and influenced the operability of the product
- Write automation code and built tools to integrate multiple on-premise, private and public cloud services
- Significant experience as a DevOps Engineer with a passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high reliability and service level support
- Experience with GCP and AWS and a general understanding of cloud architecture and cloud native technologies
- Experience with Okta, Terraform and CI/CD pipelines
- High proficiency with containerized environments (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Ability to operate independently, make decisions, take action and take responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- High proficiency with Infrastructure as Code, using provisioning tools like Terraform and GitHub actions or configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Salt, or Chef
- Ability to understand and debug complex microservice architectures
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Experience in scripting – Shell scripts, Python or Go preferred
Culture & Perks
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
- Base salary range for this role is $133,700 to $167,100 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role
- Parental Leave
- Crypto Education + Purchasing Perk
- 360 Wellness
- Professional Development
- Remote Benefits
- Days of Reflection
- Medical, Dental & Vision
Chainalysis is the blockchain data platform. We provide data, software, services, and research to government agencies, exchanges, financial institutions, and insurance and cybersecurity companies in over 70 countries. Our data powers investigation, compliance, and market intelligence software that has been used to solve some of the world’s most high-profile criminal cases and grow consumer access to cryptocurrency safely.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in.
The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Oops. In progress...