Senior Engineer, Backend
build and scale the APIs and data layers our customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business
3 months ago
Chainalysis has become the leader in blockchain investigation and compliance software. Our products have built trust in blockchains by taking down terrorist financing campaigns, disrupting major ransomware operations, identifying the Twitter hackers, and more.
We are building the data platform for blockchain, cryptocurrency, and web3. We are looking for backend engineers who will be critical to our mission and will be building and scaling the APIs and data layers our customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business. Our engineers deeply understand what is possible with cloud-native technologies and use those insights to enable our customers to push the boundaries of the cryptocurrency landscape.
- Build a high-availability, scalable API leveraging the most relevant services from AWS
- Add features to our product suite that detect activities for market manipulation, fraud, behavioral patterning, and more
- Build cloud-native data ingestion and aggregation processes that intake gigabytes of data per day
- Help modernize our stack to a streaming architecture
- Make services that are easy to set up locally and their health in production is simple to understand
- Engineers on your team and throughout the company seek your guidance on API design, performance improvements, data model design, and other architectural decisions
- Debug production issues and participate in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger
- Experience designing and implementing microservices-based systems in a major cloud provider like AWS or GCP
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. We mostly use Java but appreciate a variety of languages!
- A bias to ship and iterate alongside product management and design partners
- You have mentored and/or led other engineers and love to teach and learn from others
- Exposure to or interest in the cryptocurrency technology ecosystem
- Strong technical background with 5+ years of experience working directly on backend systems/ projects
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes is a plus!
Culture & Perks
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
- Base salary range for this role is $133,700 to $167,100 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role
- Parental Leave
- Crypto Education + Purchasing Perk
- 360 Wellness
- Professional Development
- Remote Benefits
- Days of Reflection
- Medical, Dental & Vision
New York | California | Washington | Washington D.C. – Remote
Chainalysis is the blockchain data platform. We provide data, software, services, and research to government agencies, exchanges, financial institutions, and insurance and cybersecurity companies in over 70 countries. Our data powers investigation, compliance, and market intelligence software that has been used to solve some of the world’s most high-profile criminal cases and grow consumer access to cryptocurrency safely.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in.
The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Oops. In progress...