Senior Software Engineering Manager
take responsibility for building novel software technology in the world of blockchains - decentralized computing systems
2 months ago
We seek a Senior Engineering Manager to take responsibility for building novel software technology in the world of blockchains - decentralized computing systems that put people back in control of their digital lives.
You, as Senior Engineering Manager, will bear full responsibility for at least one software engineering team, for the delivery of product features, and for the accomplishment of team missions.
- Define and document the missions for teams
- Deliver and maintain software throughout its entire lifecycle
- Create aligned teams in a context of competing objectives
- Produce an engineering environment with heavy emphasis on testing and testability
- Morph DevOps processes to be more effective
- Coach software engineers and other leaders to improve professionally
- Guide the development and the documentation of the code base so that it becomes more cloud friendly, more developer friendly, and easier to adopt
- Transform the input of the Product team into engineering deliverables
- Contribute to the software engineering hiring processes so that hired personnel enable Mina Foundation to meet strategic goals
- Tolerate quickly changing competitive landscapes
- Coordinate well in projects that cross organizational boundaries
- Connect with the ecosystem participants (software engineers and node operators, for example), address their needs, and incorporate their feedback into Mina
- 4+ years in roles in which you led and managed software developers and took responsibility for their outputs, productivity, and career progression
- Be an inspirational leader skilled and proven at creating engagement and productivity
- Understand very well how to engineer and deliver software, could do it all yourself, if you had more time
- Coaching effective project management skills to your team must be easy for you
- Thrive in an organization that changes quickly, grows fast, and competes hard
- Must be comfortable engineering with all technologies, used by the Mina codebase (most notably OCaml)
- Ability to understand technical papers with applied mathematical content
Culture & Perks
Mina Foundation stewards the Mina Protocol - the world's lightest blockchain, powered by participants. Our team is fully remote and globally distributed. Mina Foundation is overseen by a team of industry-leading experts.
We work on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. It is important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization. This is your chance to join a small, collaborative team and to work on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, engineering, product design, economics, and sociology.
We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
Mina Foundation is a public benefit corporation serving the Mina Protocol, the world's lightest blockchain. Mina Protocol's native cryptocurrency, MINA, is the first with a small constant-size blockchain. The Foundation supports participants, strategically allocates resources, ensures network health and security, promotes adoption, and champions MINA in the wider world. Mina solves 3 of the most difficult challenges in the blockchain space: privacy, scalability, and decentralization.
Join the team realizing this vision.
Oops. In progress...