help us build and maintain various websites which will be the public face of Pyth Network protocol
2 months ago
We are building a decentralized protocol that connects these market data providers to DeFi applications. It’s a market that connects these two types of participants, with various incentives to encourage participation on both sides.
However, it turns out that building a decentralized protocol requires lots of web development! Our most prominent website is pyth.network which shows off our price feeds, but there’s more. We need a website that allows end-users to interact with the protocol, a website for developer documentation, and various dashboards and monitoring tools. These websites are the public face of our protocol, and they’re absolutely essential to our success.
We’re looking for frontend engineers who can help us build and maintain these various websites. The primary focus of this job is frontend development; however, since we are a small team, the job will require pitching in on other tasks (such as backend development) to unblock the frontend work. Good candidates will have a strong sense of design and demonstrated experience building attractive, usable web properties.
- Design, build and maintain frontend applications for Pyth Network, including the pyth.network website and internal-facing tools
- Work with designers to develop a distinctive look and feel for Pyth Network web properties
- Ensure that Pyth Network websites are usable, responsive and accessible
- Assist with backend development as necessary to power frontend applications
- Strong software engineering skills. Blockchain or web3 experience is not required; we expect that engineers will be able to learn these skills on the job
- Strong design sense, as demonstrated by a record of building attractive and usable websites
- Ability to work in a startup-like fast-paced environment to meet the demands of a rapidly-changing market
- Familiarity with Typescript, React, and Python
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duties
Culture & Perks
- We are a small team, and about half the team is technical
- We are mostly remote. Team members live across the world, in the US, Europe, and Asia. We do have offices in some locations (Porto, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Singapore) for those who prefer in-office work
- Our team communicates with each other and external developers in English. Strong spoken and written English skills are required
- We operate like a startup in the rapidly-growing and changing DeFi ecosystem. In order to be successful, we must adapt to meet the current needs of the market. Good candidates will help our organization adapt; they are flexible problem solvers who are willing and able to jump on whatever the occasion demands
- Our success depends on external developers using our protocol. Good candidates will be able to write code with external developers and answer deep technical questions about Pyth Network
- We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Furthermore, where applicable, employees may be eligible for token allocations as part of Pyth Network’s employee incentive program
Pyth connects high-fidelity market data from the world’s largest professional traders and exchanges to any smart contract, anywhere.
Pyth Network is a specialized oracle solution for latency-sensitive financial data that is typically kept behind the “walled gardens” of centralized institutions. Pyth Network is focused on finding a new and inexpensive way to bring this unique data on-chain and aggregating it securely.
Our unique competitive advantage is our network of market data providers. Our network includes over 50 of the biggest exchanges, traders, and market makers in both the crypto and traditional finance worlds. These data providers have agreed to publish their proprietary data on-chain, which allows Pyth Network to build the fastest and most reliable price feeds. It also allows us to access financial data that is not freely-available from other sources, such as real-time US equity prices.
Oops. In progress...