Senior Software Engineer
help us build a decentralized protocol to connect market data providers to DeFi applications
2 months ago
We are looking for software engineers to help us build a decentralized protocol to connect market data providers to DeFi applications. This task includes building the on-chain programs, developer SDKs, tooling, monitoring, frontends and more. We also need help defining the product itself, so we are looking for people who understand the DeFi ecosystem and can help us identify and capitalize on new opportunities.
- Collaborate to design, build, and maintain on- and off-chain Pyth related applications, including smart contracts on multiple layer-1 runtimes, developer SDKs, frontends, and various utility programs.
- Work with business development, sales, and other functions to determine the long-term roadmap for the project. This is your chance to guide the future of finance.
- Mentor junior engineers -- lead by example and provide targeted feedback on software design and documentation to help team members grow.
- Assist the broader community of developers to build applications using Pyth Network data. Speak with developers over chat or at conferences to understand their needs. Develop SDKs, documentation, and other artifacts for this audience
- Strong software engineering skills. Relevant experience building and operating large, safety-critical systems is a plus. Blockchain development experience is not strictly required for this position; we expect that most engineers will be able to learn on the job
- Ability to work in a startup-like fast-paced environment to meet the demands of a rapidly-changing market
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Rust, Solidity, Python, Typescript and C++
- Excellent technical communication skills for interacting with non-technical team members and external developers
- Ability to work with engineers of different experience levels. Technical leadership experience is a plus
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duties
Culture & Perks
- We are a small team, and about half the team is technical
- We are mostly remote. Team members live across the world, in the US, Europe, and Asia. We do have offices in some locations (Porto, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Singapore) for those who prefer in-office work
- Our team communicates with each other and external developers in English. Strong spoken and written English skills are required
- We operate like a startup in the rapidly-growing and changing DeFi ecosystem. In order to be successful, we must adapt to meet the current needs of the market. Good candidates will help our organization adapt; they are flexible problem solvers who are willing and able to jump on whatever the occasion demands
- Our success depends on external developers using our protocol. Good candidates will be able to write code with external developers and answer deep technical questions about Pyth Network
- We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Furthermore, where applicable, employees may be eligible for token allocations as part of Pyth Network’s employee incentive program
Pyth connects high-fidelity market data from the world’s largest professional traders and exchanges to any smart contract, anywhere.
Pyth Network is a specialized oracle solution for latency-sensitive financial data that is typically kept behind the “walled gardens” of centralized institutions. Pyth Network is focused on finding a new and inexpensive way to bring this unique data on-chain and aggregating it securely.
Our unique competitive advantage is our network of market data providers. Our network includes over 50 of the biggest exchanges, traders, and market makers in both the crypto and traditional finance worlds. These data providers have agreed to publish their proprietary data on-chain, which allows Pyth Network to build the fastest and most reliable price feeds. It also allows us to access financial data that is not freely-available from other sources, such as real-time US equity prices.
Oops. In progress...