Polkadot Community Builder, EcoDev
maintain our internal and external builder communities (not the token community)
2 months ago
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and agency of individuals—and to empower developers to create better products and services through decentralized web technologies. We are a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Community Builder with technical knowledge to maintain our internal and external builder communities(not the token community). You will be responsible for moderating, maintaining, and growing a variety of Parity-owned forums, all while supporting and engaging users.
- Maintain our internal forum and chat tools, and serve as a helpdesk for our team
- Support growth and manage our public forums: Nurturing community culture, moderating chats, increasing activation and engagement.
- Organise campaigns for the growth, engagement, and retention of our external communities
- Be our community’s voice by reporting community developments, data-driven insights, and community feedback: Measure success of community initiatives against business goals
- Keep up to date and educated on the latest technology developments and produce accessible education material for the community
- Work in cross-functional teams: Collaborating with Social Media Managers, Content Creators, Technical Educators, Developer Advocates and more
- 3+ years as a Community Manager/Account Manager or similar role
- English language fluency or mother tongue
- Knowledge and experience in community building
- Understanding of blockchain/web3 and comfortable talking about topics in this space
- Ability to introduce and moderate best practices or frameworks for community development and growth
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours per week)
- Excellent knowledge of community chat platforms, integrations and related tools (Discord, Discourse, Reddit, forums, etc.)
- Curiosity to immerse yourself in the blockchain world, staying up-to-date with the latest trends and to experiment with new community strategies
- Experience leading community initiatives such as AMAs, ambassador programs, advocacy programs, etc.
- Previously worked in Blockchain
- Familiarity with governance, validators, token economics, standards, XCM, pallets, indexing services, etc.
- Familiarity with software engineering and open source software culture
- Experience with communicating and collaborating with distributed teams
Culture & Perks
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
Oops. In progress...