TypeScript Toolkit Engineer – Apps Framework
help bring to life an open-source TypeScript toolkit to enhance the Substrate / Web 3 developer experience
a week ago
Oops. In progress...
In this role, you’ll help bring to life an open-source TypeScript toolkit to enhance the Substrate / Web 3 developer experience. The aim of this toolkit is to reduce friction in creating efficient interactions with many chains. You will work in a small functional team with two front-end developers, one backend developer, and one designer to create core utilities, pattern libraries, and examples. This will be the basis for a new open source community, of which you’ll be a steward.
We will all share the responsibility of triaging issues, engaging with developers, and assessing their needs. This role will surely evolve, and hopefully, you’ll help drive its evolution. There will be many ways to help the toolkit and its users succeed.
- Collaborate with the team on design, roadmap and overall strategy
- Write both low-level and high-level code
- Model chain interactions as type-safe, composable building blocks
- Document your creations
- Identify bugs, bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
- Actively participate in / support a new community in open source
- You have experience building both browser and NodeJS applications with TypeScript
- You think deeply about paradigm-shifting tools, such as React and GraphQL
- Well-designed APIs bring you immense joy
- You have excellent communication skills
- Writing legible, maintainable code is more important to you than are your stylistic preferences
- To you, release announcements from the TypeScript team feel like special occasions. Maybe you even follow along with notes from the TypeScript team’s design meetings
- You don’t need to be a blockchain expert. Just excited and willing to learn!
- Language design, compiler, interpreters
- Creating and releasing open source
- Effect-oriented programming (ZIO, effect-ts)
- Knowledge of Web Assembly
Culture & Perks
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
At Parity Technologies, we have built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework. We want to bring to these networks first-class end-to-end user experiences which tell a story of how easy it is to use these next-generation blockchains. For example, improving how users participate in network staking, how members of our governance systems present and vote on proposals, enabling simple integration of Substrate systems into web pages, improving how new users onboard into our ecosystem, and more...