Software Engineer (Python)
build products/applications that people find useful and enjoy using
2 months ago
We are looking for a Software Engineer specializing in Python who is passionate about building products/applications that people find useful and enjoy using. At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow and make direct impact on trading by developing and improving all the parts of the trading applications, while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders, including the founders. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed.
No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. You will work alongside exceptionally sharp colleagues, learn how to write fail-safe code and improve performance and scalability of GUI and other applications, a real challenge and a rare opportunity!
- Work on QT based Python trading applications
- Build a brand-new trading GUI (for internal use), upgrade existing applications, design a completely application from scratch
- You will work very closely with traders and trading platform developers
- Advanced knowledge of Python 3
- Familiarity with Linux on desktops and servers
- Experience building high-performance GUI applications (e.g., the ones working with a very large volume of live data)
- Experience implementing client-server systems in Python
- Understanding concepts of asynchronous IO
- Some familiarity with C++ would be an advantage
- Quantitative/reasoning skills
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Are curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner and not like a 9-to-5 or contractor mentality
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London office (COVID restrictions allowing)
Culture & Perks
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other project or trading firm
- A unique opportunity to join one of the strongest and most successful technology teams globally
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch
- We support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours; however, we require hard/smart work and >60% work from the office; we are unable to accept remote candidates
- Aligned incentive structure: a significant part of your compensation is similar to that of owners - significant performance-based variable pay and the best thing - your contribution directly impacts both and the upside is unlimited
- We offer standard perks too, like pension, private health insurance and free food, but that’s probably not the right reason to join us
- We offer UK work permits and help in relocation
London, United Kingdom
At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.
We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains. Wintermute is also offering best-in-class OTC products to crypto native as well as traditional financial institutions.
Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects. We act as official market makers for a large number of the world’s highest profile blockchain projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Oops. In progress...