US Strategy Director
oversee the strategy and planning function for Kraken’s entire US region
2 months ago
The US Strategy Director role will oversee the strategy and planning function for Kraken’s entire US region, across multiple business lines, millions of customer accounts, and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
Reporting to the US Managing Director, the Strategy Director will build/manage a dedicated US strategy team, work with business line leaders and cross-functional teams, and advise the global C-suite, to most effectively structure, operate and grow the US business and its supporting operations.
- Oversee the overall strategy and planning function for Kraken’s entire US business
- Collaborate with the US MD, global C-suite, and cross-functional leaders to set the business up for success by implementing organizational structures, navigating the legal/regulatory landscape, identifying opportunities, prioritizing initiatives, driving revenue growth, improving efficiency, and aligning against broader company objectives
- Build and manage a small, high-functioning dedicated US strategy team
- Define/monitor key performance metrics for business health and progress
- Manage portfolio of key high-priority projects and work collaboratively to ensure timely execution
- Develop recommendations to solve critical challenges employing a data driven approach
- Create content and/or presentations for multiple purposes, including internal strategy and planning meetings, investors, external interviews and appearances, etc.
- Exercise discretion with highly confidential and/or sensitive information
- Prior experience in management consulting, and/or corporate strategy/planning within a comparable fintech company, late stage pre-IPO company, or large corporation
- Familiarity with financial services/technology and US-specific legal/regulatory industry landscapes
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills involving cross functional collaboration
- Experience building high quality engaging presentations that communicate complex topics, data, and information in a digestible format
- Superior communication and presentation skills including for executive level audiences
- Ability to define structured approaches to solve complex challenges, by breaking down issues or problem sets, identifying options, and making decisions using a data driven approach
- Commercially-minded, and entrepreneurial self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced and uncertain/changing environments
Culture & Perks:
- Work where you want
90% of Krakenites work remotely, we believe people do their best work wherever they're happiest
- Flexibility and Autonomy
We are highly results-focused vs. time-focused. We want you to work when and how you need to keep you at your most proactive
- We value diversity
Our Team is spread across 60 countries. By joining Kraken you'll be part of a truly multicultural organization that values diversity and inclusion
- A new approach to salary
Kraken prides itself on being at the forefront of crypto innovation, and that means the majority of our workforce has the option to be paid in bitcoin
- Equity Options
Kraken owes its success and growth to its people. That's why we offer nearly all our Krakenites a stake in the company
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Oops. In progress...