Web3 Backend Engineer (Typescript) – Remote, Europe
create the best dev experience on top of the Sismo Protocol
2 months ago
As a Web3 Backend engineer, you will work on various subjects in strong collaboration with the team from conception to maintaining production.
You will be in charge of:
- Adding new features to improve the Sismo Protocol
- Creating the best dev experience on top of the Sismo Protocol
- Adding new ways to fetch on-chain data
- Creating SDK and libraries for the Sismo Protocol
- You love to imagine and build clean and scalable software
- You are excited to build open source software
- You like writing high-quality and documented open-source code
- You like to handle complexity in a elegant manner
- You worked on a project that went into production
- You communicate clearly inside the team
- You are a seasoned crypto-native or a passionate newcomer to web3 with strong conviction for web3, Ethereum, and ZKP
- Eagerness to grow and improve
Nice to haves:
- +2-6 years experience in building web app
- Entrepreneurial experience/side projects
- Experience in handling large amount of data
- Communicate externally, through Github, conferences or Twitter/blog posts
- Experience in building npm packages
- Fluent in English (French is a bonus)
- Typescript, Node.js, npm packages
- The Graph, Dune analytics, blockchain data APIs
- Bigquery, SQL, noSQL
- REST, GraphQL API
- AWS infrastructure, Docker, Github Action
- Solidity, Hardhat, Ethers.js
Culture & Perks:
The Sismo team is deeply dedicated to the development of Sismo Protocol and aggressively builds to see-through our mission. You can expect to join a small, mission-driven team passionate about privacy, decentralization, and the technology that will power the future of the web.
- Strong incentives (market salary + tokens)
- Participation in some of crypto’s biggest events and conferences (team members are exposed to the best training, conferences, and hackathons the space has to offer)
- Become entrenched in the ZK community
Sismo is a modular attestation protocol that oversees the issuance of ZK Badges (non-transferable tokens or SBTs). We were recently featured in a list of Vitalik Buterin’s . We stand at the crossroads of zero-knowledge proofs, digital identity, and web3 social.
ZK Badges issued by the Sismo protocol are privacy-preserving tokenized attestations. They allow users to leverage social capital from imported web2 and web3 accounts—ensuring they can selectively reveal facts about their identities to access particular applications or services. Picture a Proof of Contributions ZK Badge that does not reveal the exact contributor or an Ethereum Twitter Influencer ZK Badge that does not reveal the exact Twitter account.
As ZK Badges are tokens adhering to the ERC1155 standard, they can be integrated into any application (web2 or web3) as an access control and reputation curation tool.
Our tightknit team of crypto natives has been working on Ethereum since 2015 (ex Aave, EthCC, Kleros, ConsensSys). To realize our vision, we raised $10,000,000 from some of the biggest names in crypto (angels from Lens, Optimism, Starkware, the Ethereum Foundation, Curve, Aave, Snapshot, Guild, and top VCs like Framework, Delphi, IDEO or Seedclub Ventures).
Oops. In progress...