Full Stack Software Engineer, Ecosystem
build products that drive growth to Optimism
Oops. In progress...
We are hiring a Full Stack Engineer to join our Ecosystem pod in building products that drive growth to Optimism. The person in this role will work closely with product, design and analytics teams and have a meaningful impact on the Optimism user experience.
- Build and shape products that drive growth of the protocol
- Contribute to iterations on Optimism’s governance and identity work
- Work with launch partners from across the Ethereum ecosystem
- Collect and provide feedback on the Optimism builder experience
- Work with design team to fine-tune the Optimism design system
- Implement chain indexing, monitoring, and alerting infrastructure
- 4+ years of product-centric software development
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team
- Experience building database-backed backend services in Golang or TypeScript
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Experience building single page applications using React and TypeScript
- Knowledge of blockchain fundamentals a strong plus
Culture & Perks:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - US Only: An FSA is an account where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses such as prescriptions, OTC medicine, vision care, childcare, etc. Every year you decide up front how much money you want to put in the account (the max is $2850 for Medical Care and $5000 Dependent Care.)
- Life & Disability Insurance - US Only: OP Labs PBC offers 100% coverage for Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Life & Supplemental Life Insurance
- WFH Flexibility: OP Labs will reimburse you up to $1,000 to let you build your ideal home office space—whether you’d like a standing desk, a new pair of headphones or an ergonomic chair we want your home office to fit your needs
- Paid Parental Leave: When you welcome a new child, OP Labs PBC encourages you to take up to 12 weeks parental leave, at 100% paid salary
- Crypto Tax Professionals: When you work in crypto, navigating your taxes can be....complicated. That’s why for 2021 and 2022 tax years OP Labs PBC has agreed to cover all employee personal tax filings—we use the best crypto tax firms in the US. If you are outside of the US, we’ll cover a similar service up to $3,000 per year
- Vacations and Paid Holidays: OP Labs PBC offers a flexible time-off policy and we actually encourage people to use it. Some notable trips employees have taken thus far include a weeklong ski trip to Colorado, a trip to Hawaii, a camping trip to Joshua tree!
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.