Team Lead – Backend Services
manage, grow, mentor a highly skilled technical team
2 months ago
You will join the backend services team as Team Lead. The team is composed of passionate Engineers who believe in the benefits and strength of functional programming to develop robust and scalable platforms and APIs. They are in charge of building services that power Ledger products. Customer focused, they are also eager to understand and implement product and business requirements.
We are convinced that being an engineer is also taking time to challenge, discuss and share about what we are working on. A dynamic roll over each service allows every team member to get involved in many projects over time. We take time to have each week a dedicated knowledge sharing meeting and participate actively in the Scala community (Meetups, Conferences, etc…).
- Manage, grow, mentor a highly skilled technical team (~4 engineers)
- Facilitate product development by improving communication with the external stakeholders, gathering requirements, preventing risks and delays, relieving developers of direct external solicitations
- Bring your technical expertise to foster best practices: deal with the lack of documentation on a daily basis and improve documentation practices, focus on test coverage/monitoring and operational quality, drive continuous technical improvements, prioritize pragmatic technical choices, ...
- Continue to support the team on features development
- 5+ years of experience in backend robust development
- 1+ years of experience in managing technical teams
- Eager to learn, teach, mentor, grow a tech team
- Scala, Haskell or functional programming experience is a nice to have - current stack is based on Scala
- Database knowledge: SQL / NoSQLGood knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment solutions
- Knowledge of Containerization and Cloud deployments
- Enthusiastic about teamwork, learning and teaching (meet-ups, hackathons, training …)
- Willing to develop skills in a new industry (Web3, blockchain, crypto-currrency, …)
Culture & Perks:
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency.
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days
- High your tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission!
Oops. In progress...